Oxygen Absorbers/Food Storage Solutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I've read in a few sections here,that people who live in areas that have high humidity,are having trouble keeping Sugars,flours and other long term food storage,fresh clump free.
These just might help remedy that problem.They when inserted into an opened package,the Oxygen Absorbers take out all the oxygen/moisture that's in the package.
It only takes 1 packet per bag. Then flavor seal the entire package.
It will work for any food item that's kept for long storage.

If you don't have a flavor sealer, canning jars will work just as well.Check the rims for cracks and chips before using the packets.

Oxygen Absorbers

Hopes this helps.

Munky.

I've read in a few sections here,that people who live in areas that have high humidity,are having trouble keeping Sugars,flours and other long term food storage,fresh clump free.
These just might help remedy that problem.They when inserted into an opened package,the Oxygen Absorbers take out all the oxygen/moisture that's in the package.
It only takes 1 packet per bag. Then flavor seal the entire package.
It will work for any food item that's kept for long storage.

If you don't have a flavor sealer, canning jars will work just as well.Check the rims for cracks and chips before using the packets.

Oxygen Absorbers

Hopes this helps.

Munky.

It looks like these will help absorb oxygen.
Our Oxygen Absorbers completely eliminate residual oxygen in your sealed packages, keeping products fresh and preventing discoloration. Used widely in the Food Service Industry to preserve foods like beef jerky, nuts, grains, flour, and just about any dried or wet foods. Our 200 pack of S100 High Efficiency Oxygen Absorbers is effective for about 100 #10 cans or 25 5 gallon buckets filled with beans, grains or flours.
On the other hand, they aren't going to absorb humidity.

PS. I like your signature, I'm on it like a hobo on a sammich.

For absorbing moisture you want Desiccant Packets. Similar looking but different from Oxygen Absorbing packets. They can be ordered online.

Thanks Mcnerd :)

Desiccants packets are more versatile,it seems to me.I've never heard of those...Nice to have options :)

I've been doing some research on how I can protect certain food items for long term storage.Hard as a rock sugar is a mess to work with,I've got that same problem already,and it's not even summer yet..

Packaged Desiccants Products
Packaged Desiccants Products

Silica Gel Packs | Desiccant Packets

If you had'nt mentioned those I would have bought the oxygen packs,they seem to be the easiest to find and buy so far.
But I did just wake up.I'll keep looking around.Both seem to be about the same price.

Thank you :)

Munky.

Thankies...
Have you ever seen a Hobo go for a Ham Sammich? Do you want to? ;)

Munky
Angel cakes, i have a vendor, he always says I'm on it like a hobo on a ham sammich, and some days he says "I'm on it like white on rice", it always makes me laugh. He's trying so hard. ~Bliss

Back
Top Bottom