Pickled Beets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
May I make pickled beets from canned beets?

Just add some salt, vinegar and spices..

put them in a jar and into the 'fridge?

Maybe the juice from a can of Canned Jalopenos I'm about to open?

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

You probably could, as long as you didn't consider them truly "pickled", and ate them right away. I always made mine from fresh beets in a boiling water canner bath. Aunt Nellie's Whole Pickled Beets is a really nice brand, and they've done all the work for you. Then you can drop a couple hard boiled eggs into the leftover liquid when you finish the beets and let them marinate in the fridge for a day or so.

Last edited:
I always wait until I have finished a jar of sweet pickles, then I put in a can of drained beets and a little onion. After a couple of days they are great in a salad. Also you can thicken the juice with a little cornstarch and serve them hot as a Harvard beet knockoff.

You can use canned beets. Use equal parts, water(or juice from can), sugar and vinegar.
I boil this then put in the beets and let cool and refrigerate. Can also add any spices you want.

When you can your own pickled beets, you cook the beets first before canning them in the vinegar solution so I don't see why it wouldn't work

Back
Top Bottom