Pickled olives - recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tamirr I never made anything with Pickled Olives but your receipe sure looked good. Thanks for sharing. Now I just have to find a place to go to get some fresh Olives. I think I will call up some fine restaurants that serve those types of food and ask them where they get their olives.

shpj4 said:
tamirr I never made anything with Pickled Olives but your receipe sure looked good. Thanks for sharing. Now I just have to find a place to go to get some fresh Olives. I think I will call up some fine restaurants that serve those types of food and ask them where they get their olives.

Jill - raw olives (un brined/cured/pickled) olives are inedible and something I doubt you will find easily - unlike in Isreal where tamirr lives, or in an olive growing region of Spain like where boqueron lives. I doubt that any restaurants will be able to help you find them since they don't use them. You might have better luck finding a middle eastern/Jewish deli that cures their own and asking them where to get the raw green olives they buy to use for tamirr's recipe.

However, since you live in So. Cali - you stand a better chance than most people. Go to the Olive Growers Council of California website and you will find phone/fax numbers and an email address to contact them. They will probably be your best source for information on where to buy raw olives.

Last edited:
shpj4 said:

I wish I could send some of mine from our groves. In any case, if you do not want to go through the trouble of contacting growers, you could pick olives from the trees along the sidewalks in your area. They are just as good and probably not sprayed with pesticides. However, you may be a bit late for green olives. In our area, they have already turned black. Black olives can be pickled just as well although their taste eventually is going to be different than that of the green olives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom