Preserving any fruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandonschmidt

Assistant Cook
Hey, I bought some exotic fruits and me and my friends tried them but I still have lots left. I thought about jellying or turning them into jam but I don't know how to do it or even if it's possible to do it to any of them. Any advise?

We're going to need more information, like what they are, how ripe are they, blemishes. You have to take all that into account when making jellies, jams and/or preserves.

You might be able to preserve some in alcohol too depending on what they are.

It's some really bizarre stuff like star fruit, guava, durian and some of this really smelly fruit called noni. Everything is frozen except the noni. the noni are in my fridge and are a little bruised.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take the durian out of the freezer yet, it REALLY stinks! In fact, being frozen at this point might be the best way to preserve everything. Guava could become jelly or jam, starfruit might slice and dehydrate well. A lady I know in Mexico grows morinda (noni) and makes and sells the juice, apparently it's supposed to have (scientifically unproven) health benefits.

Last edited:
I heard that about noni too. I think you can buy noni juice at places like GNC. I'll definantly try the guava jelly. I've made durian ice cream before which wasn't too bad. I've also dehydrated durian into chips but that was meh.

Back
Top Bottom