REC--Fresh Strawberry refrigerator Jam--TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
This is my favorite jam recipe--it yields a very pure, fruity, taste. It's so easy, and even though it's cooked, you don't need to worry about the whole canning process. I've tried it with blueberries, too, with great results.

Fresh Strawberry Jam

4 c halved strawberries
1 c sugar
2 tsp fresh lemon juice

Combine strawberries and sugar in saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 1 hour or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temperature.

Makes 2 cups.
Store in a plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. I've also frozen for several months.

No, I haven't, Sizz. I'm afraid they'd hold too much moisture. I'd say to thaw & drain them but I have a feeling that the texture still wouldn't turn out right. I don't know a whole lot about jam making though so if anyone has more answers, chime in!:chef:

Sizz, I wish you were closer--I still have a couple jars in the freezer I'd give you!

I saw fresh Plant City strawberries for sale today. If I'd had any room for some I would have stopped.

Back
Top Bottom