Recipe doesn't give a processing time......please help.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The recipe is for zucchini relish and it's a canning recipe. However, the recipe doesn't specify a processing time in a boiling water bath. I know there's a general rule of thumb for processing times for half pints and pints; that you go by that for your processing time if the original recipe doesn't give a processing time. Can somebody please clue me in on this? Thank you!

I would just give the link for the recipe, but I don't have enough posts in order to do so. I also can't copy and paste the recipe onto the forum because it's from another website.

If there is no instructions for processing in a Boiling Water Canner, it is probably an older "open kettle" processing recipe and may not be safe to actually stable and safe to process in a canner. There are a lot of them on the Internet. I would compare the recipe against one in the Ball Blue Book.

I know there's a general rule of thumb for processing times for half pints and pints; that you go by that for your processing time if the original recipe doesn't give a processing time. Can somebody please clue me in on this? Thank you!.

The best answer is - it depends on the recipe. Your recipe may, or may not, have enough acid or sugar to be safe for using a water canning bath - it might need pressure canning. Without knowing the recipe ... there is no way anyone can give you a safe answer.

I would just give the link for the recipe, but I don't have enough posts in order to do so. I also can't copy and paste the recipe onto the forum because it's from another website.

Please check your Private Messages (PM's). If you will send me the link to the recipe I can post it and then perhaps we can find you an answer that would be safe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom