The First Step Is Admitting You Have A Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puppy Breath

Assistant Cook
I live right smack-dab in the middle of cajun coun
I just recently started canning (I'm a late bloomer) and have made many many batches of preserves and jams. I'm obsessed with finding new recipes that I can use in a water bath (not up to the pressure canner level, yet) - yes I admit I'm a "canning-holic":D

If I don't stop I'm going to have to get a second job to pay for all of the jars and ingredients and bigger house to store everything:ROFLMAO:

How do you keep your canning addiction under control?:LOL:

Run out of jars??? Can't can if you can't put it somewhere!

Trick is to pace yourself otherwise it may just become a fad and once you are done with it, you won't preserve anything again. Don't want to burn out.

Why not try limiting yourself to only preserving on a Saturday (as an example) and you only allow yourself a certain amount that you can do on that given day.

Oh and stay away from the farmers' markets!!!! Can't see the bargain, can't buy the bargain!

LOL Bilby!

I am a late bloomer too. I restrict myself by deciding what we will use. I am not going to pickle those cute little baby carrots because no one will eat them. My family will use up jam and applesauce and pickles (dill and garlic only please) so that is how I restrict myself.

Restrict yourself?? No way. Just build an addition on your home to store the results or build new shelving in the spare room, along the walls, etc. I store the empty jars (acquired mostly from Freecycle and Craigslist) in the garage at the expense of my car. :LOL::angel::LOL:

You know it's bad when..
You buy jars just because they're pretty.
Get the shakes when you realize your down to the last case.
Call in sick so you can stay home and cann all day.
Plant 32 tomato plants,just to supply your habit.
When you see someone else buying up jars,you look at them with that knowing look.."You to huh?"

That's me all the way.I don't see a problem.Always assumed rehab was for quitters anyways..:ohmy:

Happy canning

Munky.

Oh Munky...the planting 32 tomato plants made me laugh out loud. I do that! I plan for salsa every year. Sometimes I can it, and sometimes we go through all I can in the first couple of days. LOLOLOL!!! Still have fun doing it though. I totally forgot about the salsa.

Oh Munky...the planting 32 tomato plants made me laugh out loud. I do that! I plan for salsa every year. Sometimes I can it, and sometimes we go through all I can in the first couple of days. LOLOLOL!!! Still have fun doing it though. I totally forgot about the salsa.

LOL!!!!! Too funny :LOL:

Munky.

Oh, don't get it under control! Us non-canners love, and I do mean LOVE, getting them as gifts!!!

Back
Top Bottom