Bill and Hazel, Thanks they worked exactly as you said. Haven't found any failures to seal.
Learned another thing too. I used a "Cajon Caddilac" [sp?] to boil the water; at 100000 BTU/hr, the water doesn't even stop boiling as you add new jars. My home range is 15000 BTU full on and it doesn't compare. These jars were processed for 5-7 min.
Recipe, well we just sort of did it but I'll try.
36# of Seville Oranges
juice into a container catching all the seeds and pulp.These rinds will be cleaned of pulp and then sliced. We cut about 1/3 of the rind about 2" by maybe an 1/8th inch, the rest around 1". We only put in 3/4 of the rind as we thought that about the right amount.
Combine all the juice in a jam pan and add the sliced rind. Then put all the seeds and pulp in a cheese cloth wrap and simmer. When this got to simmer we cooked it about 4 hours ar maybe a bit longer. It had thickened quite a bit, then we slowly stirred in sugar to taste. 7-8#.
Then remove the Seed bag and discard.
On tasting we all agreed it was too bitter so we added the juice of 8 Meyer Lemons, smoothed it right out.
Finish amount about 11 Qt.
May you eat well,