Dinner Menu for Monday the 14th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm a culinary rebel. Even though it's National Buttermilk Biscuit Day, I'm not making or serving biscuits!

SO and I will be having chicken marsala, pasta and a veggie and/or salad.

Any biscuit eaters out there today?

The closest we are getting to biscuits is the potato rolls that the grilled burgers will be served on. Sides will be leftover black bean and corn salad from yesterday and a green salad.

Since I rarely eat bread anymore, I'm thinking on a beef veggie soup. Have a bad cold so not that hungry.

I ordered Chinese delivery this afternoon. Been working in the yard most of the day and I didn't feel like cooking. :)

Roasted chicken here, but no biscuits. Instead, I spotted a saved recipe that called for fresh sage, Pan-Roasted Chicken with Warm Farro Salad. Hmm, I have sage...and need to use it or lose it. One of the grocery stores had chicken breast halves for 99 cents a pound. The recipe called for a whole chicken split in two; I used two large half-breasts and made half a recipe. The full recipe serves four. Really? My half recipe could have served four! :ohmy: Himself really liked it, though, and is still nibbling :LOL: so there is still a chance it will serve just two. I was happy with what I had on my plate.

Attachments

• 20180514_205716.jpg
    20180514_205716.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 138
I'm a culinary rebel. Even though it's National Buttermilk Biscuit Day, I'm not making or serving biscuits!

SO and I will be having chicken marsala, pasta and a veggie and/or salad.

Any biscuit eaters out there today?

I've been called the "a son of a biscuit eater" on a few occasions. :ermm:

I do love a good buttermilk biscuit, with some butter and honey -- or a good slab of sausage. But, I spent the day in airports and on airplanes. So, I had cornbread for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and did some fridge grazing for dinner.

CD

No biscuits here, but from the freezer the second pan of a 2-pan lasagna batch made a while back, with some freshly made extra sauce.

Last night I pulled out a frozen package of Cuban Picadillo(I don't use potatoes in the recipe), and instead of a bed of rice, I added some cooked elbow macaroni to the mix. Not traditional I guess, but dang good just the same. Salads completed the meal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom