Price of petrol/gas in your area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aussie girl

Senior Cook
Just curious about the price differences around the world. Its currently a major issue here in Australia, especially with the Federal Government taking 43% in fuel taxes which is included in our pump price.

Today the pump price in our town is $1.16/litre, which would equate to approx $5.22/gallon:angry:

If you try turning your Aussie dollars into pounds sterling, AussieG, you would REALLY feel the pain.... :mrgreen:

At a local garage yesterday it was £0.93 per litre = 4.546 to the gallon which works out at £4.23 per UK gallon. Although it is probably cheaper in other garages, it will only be by one or two pence per litre.

BTW - the US gallon is smaller than the UK galloon - at 3.785 litres to the gallon so equivalent of approximately US $6.23 @ $1.85 to the £ Sterling

Very, very expensive in the UK!:(

Back "down" to about $2.19 a gallon here. And me with the boat about ready to come out of mothballs... :blink:

John

We paid 2.08 for super unleaded yesterday.....here in Indiana (USA). Regular unleaded was 2.13. Last week it was like 2.25 a gallon.

Our gas is running between $2.19 - $2.23 per gal. US dollar. And, i think this is ridiculous. We should'nt have to pay so much for gasoline. :angry: :chef:

Was in Turkey for the last 3 weeks. Gas was $7.03 per gallon American$. Used about $55 per day traveling.

$2.18 a gal. RonJon I hear ya, we have a boat. Filling the truck and boat to go fishing is going to be so much money going out to gas. It's getting a little rediculous!

Issaquah Wa... $2.30 - $2.40
truck is parked in the garage for the duration..... sadness. lol

It's $2.49 for unleaded here and we have 2 trucks and 1 car to fill on that. And $2.69 for Diesel which is what our Suburban runs on. It's just under $100 to fill up the Suburban so I switch back and forth between driving the car and the Suburban. More the Sub. now since one of the kids put their 1/2 full cup of steamed vanilla milk in the center console and closed the top - spilling it out. But...I didn't know about it until a few days later when we got in there to drive it again, the smell was horendous! I have not cleaned it yet. It's a nice thick goopy mess, I might just drive to the Chev. dealership and have them take the whole thing out - toss it - and get a new one. :ermm:

In MAssachusetts I pay $2.39 a gallon for super. Regular gas is $2.19 a gallon

If I travel 6 miles to Southern NH, I can save 6-12 cents per gallon.

Average price in Las Vegas is $2.52 for Regular. There is a place near my home where I paid $2.45 yesterday.

Whoo hoo (?)

some stations have it for $2.25 or more per gallon.
the speedway around the corner from me has it for $2.15 a gallon, which is a drop from the $2.19 it was yesterday.

It is $2.05.9 here to $2.23.9 per Gallon. I wonderhow much of a gallon of this gas is really water, they make a lot off adding water to gas. They need to keep track of that too. It shouldn't have rose 63 cents in the last 3 monthes.

Here in Eugene, my daughter paid $2.38 for regular unleaded last Friday at Costco, the Chevron was $2.48. Yesterday it was $2.61 at the regular stations. Hail to the oil cartel, :mad: :angry: someone is getting rich on this, however, not the average person. A lit of drivers here are leaving the car at home and biking or using the bus when they can. Yesterday when I was out on the bus, there were many more people riding. BTW the last time I was in Norway in 2001 they paid ~$5.75 per litre, and they pump all of their oil from the North Sea, but they have higher clean air standards when processing their petrol, unlike here.

Last edited:
Ishbel said:
In comparison to Europe, you are paying a very low price for your petrol :cool:

You're absolutely right Ishbel. Americans in general don't like to hear it but, we've got it pretty good for gas prices. Even at $2.20 a gallon.

John

I would however like to talk to somebody about the $50 it cost me for 4 spark plugs for the boat!! :angry:

Back
Top Bottom