What's Sup? June 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I'm in the middle of making a pot of pasta sauce. I'm shooting for rich and meaty so I'm adding some dried porcini and roasted pork neck bones.

This sauce over pasta with a salad along side will be our dinner tonight.

What will your dinner be?

56875-albums1036-picture6419.jpg

I found one of these smaller tin foil trays of Meat Lasagna in the deep freeze.
I also found a stray half loaf of TJ's mini Ciabatta bread to go with...

Cheeseburger on wheat ciabatta roll and crinkle cut fries.

I'm stuck in an airport. I had an interesting appetizer, Crispy Mac-and-Cheese Bites, which was basically mac and cheese with little bits of jalapeños rolled into oblong balls, breaded, and deep fried. Actually, quite good. I'll have to keep them in mind for a future party finger food.

CD

I bought some frozen TJ's tamales and I'm going to make a "blast from the past" 60's Mexican casserole out of them for supper tonight. :yum:
We might have Mexican rice, but for sure we'll have salads.

Been too busy doing "stuff" around the house and haven't put any real thought into a supper. There is enough pork stew for one. If Himself is happy with that, I'll be fine with watermelon and blueberries along side a PB&J sandwich. :yum:

Busy, busy past few days. My sweet elderly neighbors are being moved to the memory care unit within the local assisted living facility :(, and I've been helping family box things up for sale, donation, or to keep at the family's homes. They have a caregiver there occupying them in another part of the house (if they aren't sleeping), while things are being done.

Dinner - I didn't feel like taking time out to make anything and it's 104F here now, so I made a quick run to the supermarket deli for fried chicken and a broccoli slaw. Tastes pretty darn good. :yum:

We're packing up to move to our "retirement" home. Same town, new neighborhood, smaller house, single story. After work, I stopped and picked up Firehouse subs. Trying to not buy or cook a lot of food so we don't have much to move!

Leftover super burrito from lunch. It came with ground beef, pork chili and chicken all rolled up with cheese, beans and rice. I will be making 2 meals out of what was left over.

We're packing up to move to our "retirement" home. Same town, new neighborhood, smaller house, single story. After work, I stopped and picked up Firehouse subs. Trying to not buy or cook a lot of food so we don't have much to move!

Best wishes for an easy local move, jabbur - or at least as easy as can be expected! :) Congratulations!

I've been trying to break out of my cooking rut, so I've decided this week to avoid eating beef or using the grill. Sort of forcing myself to think outside of the box.

Tonight I made Chinese comfort food. Lap Cheong sausage and baby bok choy over cauli-rice, with a sweet and spicy sauce to drizzle over the top. :yum:

B5nImmD.jpg

May you have many happy years in your new home jabbur! There comes a time when stairs are a problem, or soon will be. We need pictures of the new digs!!:flowers:

Prepped everything early this afternoon... shrimp stir-fry... but then got so busy outside I'm just too pooped to cook. So I'm smelling garlic, ginger, soy sauce... and what-ever! It smells so good and I just can't get up and cook it. Dollars to donuts I end up cooking it for breakfast! - anybody want to take odds?

Gads rocklobster! do you serve those meals at work?
My sister has moved so doubt I would be swinging near by your place but if I thought that was on the menu ... I could/would/will change my route!

Not at the deli..sandwiches, burgers and salads..meat counter..etc...this one is a home made job...

arghhh.... how to break a "young maiden's heart"...

so then, as compensate, what time is supper next week? I can bring some wine. White, of course, to compliment the meal - but if you prefer red... not a problem! Then again, should you prefer one and your gf the other, of course I would bring both!

Back
Top Bottom