Saturday Supper - 6/23/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Spicy Moroccan meatball tagine (recipe linked by Rocklobster a few days ago), served over white rice, green salad.

When Mrs. T asked what's for dinner tonight, and I told her, she said "Well, that sounds interesting". Roch - I hope this is good. Unhappy wife, unhappy life!

I tried a new-to-me salad recipe this morning, after being given a sample that my daughter's boss brought in to her work last week.

Quinoa, garbanzos, dates, golden raisins, and veggies with an olive oil, lemon juice, and honey dressing. Lots of parsley. So cool and refreshing after getting happy in the fridge all day. It was very good, if anyone wants the recipe, I'll post it.

Attachments

• quinoa, garbanzo, date, and veggie salad.jpg
    quinoa, garbanzo, date, and veggie salad.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Spicy Moroccan meatball tagine (recipe linked by Rocklobster a few days ago), served over white rice, green salad.

When Mrs. T asked what's for dinner tonight, and I told her, she said "Well, that sounds interesting". Roch - I hope this is good. Unhappy wife, unhappy life!
Whew! Mrs. T really liked it. I went a little easy on the spices, and there was a sweetness to it from the carrots and raisins. It's on the "do again" list.

Tenspeed, looks like we were both on a Moroccan influenced dinner today. :) I looked up Roch's recipe, it sounds delicious! Glad to hear the Ms. loved it.

Last edited:
I'm a day ahead here, but last night (sat) was a Margaret Fulton recipe of Kashmiri chicken curry. 8/10 for me, I'll alter it next time. But pretty dam good.

Russ

We'll have Cheater Chili. Not much for cooking tonight, but I refuse to get take-out. When Himself gets back from Lowe's I'll have him open up a can or two of Bush's Chili Magic beans, add in tomatoes and ground beef, and call it supper. I did manage to get a fresh batch of chili powder mixed today, so "yay me!" :LOL:

I marinated a pork tenderloin in Weber chipotle marinade and grilled it. Delicious! We had salads alongside.

Glad you guys liked the Tagine recipe. We really enjoyed it and the left overs heat up well..honestly, I had never tried it either but I'm glad I did. We will be having it again, also..

Tonight we had rigatoni giardiniera with baked shrimp in garlic butter..

Attachments

• 36189146_10155453610657401_5913151406507819008_n.jpg
    36189146_10155453610657401_5913151406507819008_n.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 124
I'm busy getting ready for a week out of town, but plan to through a could of skewers on the grill at some point. Beef, onion, yellow bells, shrooms, lubed up with OO and seasoned with black pepper and granulated garlic.

Fresh fruits for dessert.

CD

A somewhat lazy dinner here. I had a bottle of jarred Teriyaki sauce in the fridge, so I marinated, skewered, and grilled some chunks of of lamb. Served over chopped spinach seasoned with soy sauce and a little toasted sesame oil.

MUCbBvo.jpg

We were both feeling lazy, so we had a couple of plates of nachos and Margaritas for supper. We considered making some twice baked potatoes, but the potatoes had long sprouts and were kinda shrivelled.

We had dinner with friends last night. Grilled burgers, chicken, coleslaw, one kind of Bush's baked beans w/ bacon and extra molasses, pretty good. We brought a container of Costco artichoke/jalapeno dip and chips. It's all we had that wasn't already on the menu. We were invited to impromptu get together at about 4 pm

I can't believe I didn't take any pics! I invited my neighbour over for Lobster Newburg. I think I only ever made this once about a century ago. I pretty much followed Chef John's recipe except my lobsters were already cooked.

It was delish! I thought I put a tad too much cayenne but she thought it was perfect. Had an asparagus/watercress/tomato salad with Basalmic Glaze as a side.

Had just enough Boursin (creme cheese c basil & chive) to stuff into 4 baked mushroom caps. Need some suggestions to go with/on the caps as I felt they were missing something.

(still kicking myself for not taking pics!)

So I guess my Lobster binge is over for another year - I guess 5 meals has to satisfy me... :D unless of course, I find another special! :mrgreen: I don't think I've ever made Lobster Thermidor, at least not in the last 73 years. :LOL:

I can't believe I didn't take any pics! I invited my neighbour over for Lobster Newburg. I think I only ever made this once about a century ago. I pretty much followed Chef John's recipe except my lobsters were already cooked.

It was delish! I thought I put a tad too much cayenne but she thought it was perfect. Had an asparagus/watercress/tomato salad with Basalmic Glaze as a side.

Had just enough Boursin (creme cheese c basil & chive) to stuff into 4 baked mushroom caps. Need some suggestions to go with/on the caps as I felt they were missing something.

(still kicking myself for not taking pics!)

So I guess my Lobster binge is over for another year - I guess 5 meals has to satisfy me... :D unless of course, I find another special! :mrgreen: I don't think I've ever made Lobster Thermidor, at least not in the last 73 years. :LOL:

No pictures? How do we know you made lobster Newberg? Oh, wait, you said Chef John and cayenne, so it sounds plausible. He would sprinkle cayenne on a glass of milk. :LOL:

Pics or not, I trust you. Sounds like you had a good dinner.

Next time, go for Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top... and spam.:D

CD

Next time, go for Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top... and spam.:D

CD

hmmm - sounds good! but what's a truffle pate? A pate made with truffles? Just a minute I'll cut off one of my golden toes. and :LOL: I'll pass on the spam!

Back
Top Bottom