Pineapple cream cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I want to make a cheesecake but I am a little short of pure cream cheese. I have a small tub of cream cheese. that has some pineapple and mango mixed in with it. Can I use that in the cake?

Thanks! I was wondering about the small amount of pineapple in the cream cheese...and a little bit of mango. I have read that you should not put pineapple into a cheese cake because it keeps it from setting properly...but not sure about the processed cheese cake.

Thanks! I was wondering about the small amount of pineapple in the cream cheese...and a little bit of mango. I have read that you should not put pineapple into a cheese cake because it keeps it from setting properly...but not sure about the processed cheese cake.
The enzymes in uncooked pineapple will stop gelatin from gelling. That’s why there was never any pineapple Jello! (Although I think they did eventually develop that flavor.)

It came out fine. And the pineapple in the cream cheese was just strong enough to flavor the whole cake, even though only 15% of the mixture.

Yes, Pineapple has a naturally occurring enzyme that prevents gelatine from setting. OK when it's cooked (or it's packed in a tin) so it largely depends on whether you think the pineapple in the cream cheese package has been cooked or not.

Back
Top Bottom