Check out this BEAN DIP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heat

Senior Cook
Simple Bean Dip with Horseradish

8 servings

If you're using canned beans, drain and rinse them to get rid of excess salt.

2 cups cooked beans (Cannellini, pinto or Great Northern)
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp prepared horseradish
1/4 cup onions
Salt to taste

1. Combine beans, olive oil, horseradish and onions in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding a little water if necessary. and salt to your taste.

Simple, easy, affordable!!:) :) :)

We're having a poker party next week and this will be perfect to add to the menu. Like Luvs 'll be adding some garlic.

Thanks!

Sorry, tried it and sits in the fridge. Might be healthy but no one likes it. Got it from Dr Weil. I don't know if I can doctor it up some with garlic to make the flavor but it is so bland and the beans are that way to begin with. I don't want to waste it so I have to do something FAST!!!

Sorry, In the Kitchen

I really liked it. and yeah i put garlic in sometimes too. Also salsa makes it spicier! What type of beans did you use?

Cannellini beans. You think that made the difference? Of course, being I just saw it never experimented with the flavor until after we all sampled it. I will add the garlic and hope I can salvage it. Thanks

:chef: Oh yessssssssssss !! I use Pinto Beans! lol . Everyone has different tastes tho. Usually mine has been cooked with ham too !! But, i didnt go that deep into details. Maybe i should have lol Sorry. :)

I make bean dip using a can of refried beans, a layer of salsa over that and then a layer of grated cheese over that. Perhaps you could use the bean dip as the bottom layer?

It does not matter if it is a little bland because you have the salsa and cheese to spice it up.

Pam

ps you can also add a layer of avocado or cubed tomato.

i made the dip, heat, but added hot sauce, seasalt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper & worcestershire, and it came out good.
i used Great Northern beans.:)

Pam Leavy said:
I make bean dip using a can of refried beans, a layer of salsa over that and then a layer of grated cheese over that. Perhaps you could use the bean dip as the bottom layer?

It does not matter if it is a little bland because you have the salsa and cheese to spice it up.

Pam

ps you can also add a layer of avocado or cubed tomato.
Thanks for the suggestion. This sounds good. Guess I use recipe verbatum and this is what happens. I trust Dr Weil but his recipes are more for health than taste. Hence, I have to 'doctor' it up. Thanks glad I can count on all of you. Sure hate to feed the garbage can.

Back
Top Bottom