What are you eating today Tuesday 7/17/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Not quite sure yet. Storming at the moment. Lots of thunder and flood warnings issued. Power flickering.

Dry as a tinderbox here. So far this year, we have had 2.46 inches of rain. Let's see, that averages about 3/10ths of an inch a month. Fixing pizzas for supper.

I originally planned a new recipe that needed cauliflower "steaks". Oops, that head of cauliflower has been hiding in the corner of the fridge and needs too much trimming. How about BLT sandwiches? Those would be good with a salad. Then, when shuffling my basement pantry around, I ran across not one, but two bags of Aldi corn chips. :huh: Ooo, taco salads! So that's what we'll be having - taco salads.

Went out with my "Lunch Bunch" friends today so it's hard to think about dinner.

I had the most amazing
"Grown-up’s Grilled Cheese"....
Sharp cheddar and smoked Gouda on thick garlic Parmesan grilled sourdough bread with bacon and sliced grilled tomato. An order of outstanding onion rings sent the lunch right over the top.

Last edited:
Our next door neighbors own a pizza restaurant near here. Last night around 11:00PM they delivered two pizzas for us to enjoy. As we weren't hungry at the time of night, they went into the fridge.

We had the shrimp and broccoli alfredo pizza for lunch. Not sure what the dinner pizza is but it contains chicken among other things.

Leftovers today. Probably means easy prep if I don't develop carpal tunnels burping the Tupperware. Potato salad, marinated green beans, marinated cukes and onions, part of a sliced tomato, kalamata olives, one slice of garlic bread that will soon be garlic toast, some sliced cheese looks like Colby could be cheddar, Sliced zucchini bread for dessert. There does not appear to be a "main dish". I'm okay with that.

Green Bean casserole, collards, sardine spread on whole wheat.
Sloppy Joes on buns and apples, then smore pie for the guys.

Forecast was for a rainy afternoon, and that it certainly was. Indoor meal was planned. Mediterranean b/s chicken thighs in the slow cooker (with onions, Kalamata olives, capers, roasted red peppers, the usual spices), served over brown rice in the Zoji, green salad.

Chicken salad sammies with red grapes, almonds, red onions, celery, and half mayo, half sour cream on a copycat recipe of The Outback Steakhouse bread. Sweet potato puffs on the side.

Attachments

• 2018-07-17 18.17.50.jpg
    2018-07-17 18.17.50.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 120
I had a taco salad around 4. It really hit the spot. :yum: Will probably snack on some watermelon and blueberries later this evening.

Our next door neighbors own a pizza restaurant near here. Last night around 11:00PM they delivered two pizzas for us to enjoy. As we weren't hungry at the time of night, they went into the fridge.

We had the shrimp and broccoli alfredo pizza for lunch. Not sure what the dinner pizza is but it contains chicken among other things.

Dinner turned out to be chicken, bacon, ranch pizza with diced tomato and pizza cheese.

Dinner was Asian style baked chicken wings, green bean salad and sesame noodles.

sesame_noodles_071718_IMG_4556.jpg

green_bean_salad_071718_IMG_4559.jpg

wings_beans_noodles_071718_IMG_4565.jpg

I was working in St. Louis today, and the car owner had some home-smoked BBQ ribs and chicken for us to enjoy. He did a good job.

I am grazing tonight, I've been out of town so much that all the perishables in my fridge have perished. A couple have become "science projects." :ohmy:

I'm in town for one day, and then go to Las Vegas, so I'm not going to restock the fridge just yet. So, tomorrow, I'll see what I can make from the freezer and the pantry.

CD

We had salads w/bacon. boiled eggs, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, croutons and Ranch dressing (for me, Mom wanted mayonnaise with hers).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom