Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What's on the menu Thursday 7/19/2018? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/whats-on-the-menu-thursday-7-19-2018-a-100404.html)

msmofet 07-19-2018 09:35 AM

What's on the menu Thursday 7/19/2018?

Breakfast was coffee yogurt.
Lunch will probably be tuna salad and crackers.

If all goes well and as planned dinner will be Beef, refried Beans (homemade) and cheese enchiladas and Mexican rice. Not sure if there will be a veggie.

Just Cooking 07-19-2018 10:47 AM

Shrimp scrambled eggs and white rice..

Ross

Mad Cook 07-19-2018 12:40 PM

Breakfast was a cup of tea. I'd overslept and then lay in bed listening to the Classic Serial "- Dr Thorne" by Anthony Trollope - so I didn't get up until nearly mid-day! The joys of spinsterhood!

Lunch wasn't as I'd got up so late.

Mid-afternoon I was a bit peckish so had a slightly under-ripe Conference pear and some rather ripe Brie (great combination by the way)

Dinner will be a chicken breast with a coating of breadcrumbs and herbs and a little chili (but not enough to bring on my bad reaction), sourced at the butchers (they do their own) the other day and languishing in my freezer. It'll be accompanied by some fine green beans, blanched then finished off in the pan with butter and garlic in the way the French do it and ditto some carrots. Forgot to get potatoes yesterday so perhaps some pasta folded into the veg. Haven't christened the pudding/"afters"/dessert yet - it'll probably be fruit.

Bon appetit, everyone.

Kayelle 07-19-2018 01:56 PM

We have a couple of late appointments today, so we'll be having dinner in the "city" before we head back home to the country.

blissful 07-19-2018 01:59 PM

Whole wheat toast with brie. A large salad of garden greens, tomatoes, garden cucumber and french and blue cheese dressing.

The guys will have more sloppy joes and a large salad. Roasting beef which will be done tonight for late sandwiches or tomorrow's lunch.

Caslon 07-19-2018 02:28 PM

I sometimes have a craving for the slop food seen in some Clint Eastwood western movies. Therefore, I might have canned Chicken Chow Mein and rice tonight. I have dried noodles and soy sauce.

Cooking Goddess 07-19-2018 03:40 PM

Heading out shortly to the farmers' market and Aldi, so I may have options for tonight's meal. If not, we do have plenty of leftovers to finish off.

caseydog 07-19-2018 05:12 PM

I stayed in bed until noon. I grazed the rest of the day. I fly to Las Vegas tonight, and then on to NYC on Saturday. Hello restaurant food.

CD

Cheryl J 07-19-2018 06:09 PM

I've been craving chicken enchiladas topped with salsa verde, :yum: but the chicken wasn't thawed yet when I went to prep it before noon. That will have to wait for tomorrow.

I have lots of produce to use up anyway, so dinner will be a loaded up salad and fruit tray.

msmofet 07-19-2018 06:18 PM

We had sandwiches from WaWa.