What are you eating Sunday, July 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rainy day here, and I'll be trying chicken meatballs with pineapple sweet and sour sauce, served over white rice, side of nuked broc. It's a recipe posted by Chief Longwind some years back, which I came across looking for something else.

I had my hotel complimentary breakfast this morning. An "egg puck" with a sausage patty and some bacon on two slices of toast. Yummy! :rolleyes:

No idea what I'm doing for supper. I'm still sitting in my hotel in NYC waiting to see if I have to work this evening... assuming it doesn't rain.

CD

Last edited:
It'll be a nibbly kind of afternoon here. Cucumber/sour cream salad, a small slice of ham, a deviled egg, crackers, pickles, olives....

I cobbled together some semblance of black beans and rice from leftovers. It's actually quite tasty. No ham so I cut up some hot sliced pepperonis. The only authenticity came from the trinity.

We'll be using the rare tri tip from last night to make some toasted bolillo roll sandwiches with pickled red onion. Sides from last night too..chili beans and Mac salad.

We had french toast and sausage for breakfast and snacked throughout the day so, no dinner tonight..

Well.... we will have strawberry shortcake later... ;)

I'll eat a celery stick tomorrow to make up for my unhealthy today.. :angel:

Ross

I have no energy, no interest in cooking...and don't want to send Himself for take-out. I went "basement shopping" for a clue. Brought up a jar of Herdez Mexican Cooking Sauce (Red Guajillo Chile), and a can each of black beans and corn. Something should come of it. :LOL:

I have no energy, no interest in cooking...and don't want to send Himself for take-out. I went "basement shopping" for a clue. Brought up a jar of Herdez Mexican Cooking Sauce (Red Guajillo Chile), and a can each of black beans and corn. Something should come of it. [emoji38]
Sounds like protein, veggie and starch to me! ;)

Grilled T-Bone & Togarasi Shrimp w/ Kiwano (Horned Mellon) Salad...and Watermellon & Mint "Agua Fresca".

39817-albums1064-picture7506.jpg
[/IMG]

Holy cow, that picture is just stunning Joey. What does that exotic horned melon taste like, and do they grow them in Montana? lol
Good idea with the two skewers for the shrimp.

I have no energy, no interest in cooking...and don't want to send Himself for take-out. I went "basement shopping" for a clue. Brought up a jar of Herdez Mexican Cooking Sauce (Red Guajillo Chile), and a can each of black beans and corn. Something should come of it. :LOL:

I throw together a pretty good veggie dinner with black beans, corn and Rotel tomatoes with chiles. Your combination sounds pretty similar.

No good places to eat near my hotel, so I walked down the block to Burger King. I had a Sourdough Chicken Club sandwich. It was not bad.

CD

I throw together a pretty good veggie dinner with black beans, corn and Rotel tomatoes with chiles. Your combination sounds pretty similar...
The problem is that the combination is pretty...Mexican cuisine. And to eat Mexican food, I have to be in the mood to eat Mexican food. Never had the "taste" tonight, so chicken tomorrow it is!

Ross's breakfast sounded good for dinner, so I went digging into the freezer for breakfast sausages. Right on top, though, was the bag of my BBQ pork from when I made a batch in the slow cooker. That was supposed to be Tuesday's meal, but I already had the little Hawaiian style buns from Aldi at home. We had BBQ sliders with bread-and-butter pickle slices, Bush's baked beans, and a tossed salad (romaine and iceberg, tomato, corn, cuke, radish, yellow bell pepper, black olives, scallions for Himself). ~ That poor chicken never had a fighting chance tonight. :LOL:

Attachments

• 20180722_204313.jpg
    20180722_204313.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 108
The shrimp and tasso Henican, a dish from Commander's Palace in NOLA. Eh, too much vinegar/pickled items for me and WAY too spicy. Craig kind of liked it. It was a PITA to make with all the components so never again.

Attachments

• 2018-07-22 17.46.47.jpg
    2018-07-22 17.46.47.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 90

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom