"Baked in Vermont"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
"Baked in Vermont", presented by Gesine Prado, has just started tonight on Food Network UK. Only been 2 x half hour programmes so far so I've not seen enough to decide what I think of it but I'd be interested in any comments from "Discuss Cooking".

(She has a couple of dogs in the house so she can't be all bad whatever she turns out to be in the long run ;) )

Mad Cook, I was watching Gesine, I think it was Food Network USA, cant remember the name of the program, but we cut our cable, so now I cant watch it :glare:
I really liked her, she seems real (did you know that she's Sandra Bullock's sister?)
No, I didn't but I sat through both episodes trying to think who she reminded me of!

We're lucky over here. As well as optional "pay for" TV there is "Freeview" which is what it says it is with 80-odd channels including BBC. There's a lot of rubbish channels on it but it's free, which is better than "Sky" etc., where you have to pay to watch rubbish. We still have to pay for the TV licence but at least we don't have to subsidise the life-style of Rupert Murdoch (or whoever owns "Sky" at the moment)

I just started watching episodes of Jaime Cooks Italy, with Jaime Oliver and his mentor, Gennaro Contaldo. That's a British produced show, and it is very good. It is available on YouTube, at least in the USA.

CD

Thanks for the tip! I get most of my culinary audiovisual pleasure from YouTube these days. You’ve gotta pick and choose, of course. There a reason some of these vloggers have never made it to network or cable. But the very amateurish nature of some of the videos is endearing and honest. At least, in some cases.

I’ve been watching a lot of Chef John, Food Wishes on YouTube. His sing-song way of speaking is perpetually annoying, but I like his recipes.

Back
Top Bottom