Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What are you eating Thursday 9/13/2018? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-are-you-eating-thursday-9-13-2018-a-100708.html)

msmofet 09-13-2018 01:07 PM

What are you eating Thursday 9/13/2018?

Breakfast was a bowl of shredded wheat.
Lunch was a cup of Lipton chicken noodle "Cup a soup".

I have chicken stock simmering for soup.

Dinner plan is smoked turkey and cheddar sausages with peppers, onions, mushrooms (and maybe tomatoes). DD wants to have them on buns.
I may just have soup.

Andy M. 09-13-2018 01:54 PM

I think we're having steak tip subs for dinner.

Cheryl J 09-13-2018 02:12 PM

I'll be grilling a rib eye on the Weber early this afternoon before the wind comes up. Side will either be a loaded up salad, or asparagus. I'm thinking asparagus, because it needs to be used up sooner.

Kayelle 09-13-2018 04:25 PM

I'm in the mood for some "fancy cow" so I'm defrosting two beautiful bacon wrapped Filet Mignon's and I'll be serving them with loaded spuds and steamed broccolini.

MsM, glad to hear your daughter must be getting better with her mouth, since she's not on a soft diet anymore.

Cooking Goddess 09-13-2018 04:42 PM

Leftovers. Salads and leftovers. When I grocery shop tomorrow, I'll probably end up coming home with...leftovers. :lol:

Just Cooking 09-13-2018 04:52 PM

Had wonderful thoughts of steamed artichokes for dinner..
Steamed and they were hard as a rock.. :ermm:

Being from artichoke country in Cali, this was a first for me.. :glare:

Decided on poached eggs and toast.. Was good..

Lemon cake for later..

Ross

Kayelle 09-13-2018 05:18 PM

What a bummer Ross!!:huh:

roadfix 09-13-2018 05:26 PM

***Cardiac Alert***

Tonight we're having some chicharrone con chile.

tenspeed 09-13-2018 06:44 PM

Mrs. T and I went up to the Ogunquit Playhouse for a matinee performance of Jersey Boys. For a relatively small (I think they hold about 700) summer venue they have never failed to impress with the quality of their productions. The actor / singer who portrayed Frankie Valli did a terrific job, although nobody can match Frankie's vocals.

Given the afternoon's entertainment, we should have made a dinner including Taylor pork. But they don't sell it around here, and it had to be a quick dinner, so it was burgers on the grill and oven fries.

Cheryl J 09-13-2018 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl J (Post 1563316)
I'll be grilling a rib eye on the Weber early this afternoon before the wind comes up. Side will either be a loaded up salad, or asparagus. I'm thinking asparagus, because it needs to be used up sooner.

I put this on Scott's 'steak method' thread, but since it's tonight's dinner I thought I'd put it here, too. Grilled rib eye and asparagus on the Weber.

Leftovers for steak 'n eggs tomorrow morning. :yum: