What are you eating Thursday 9/13/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Breakfast was a bowl of shredded wheat.
Lunch was a cup of Lipton chicken noodle "Cup a soup".

I have chicken stock simmering for soup.

Dinner plan is smoked turkey and cheddar sausages with peppers, onions, mushrooms (and maybe tomatoes). DD wants to have them on buns.
I may just have soup.

I'll be grilling a rib eye on the Weber early this afternoon before the wind comes up. Side will either be a loaded up salad, or asparagus. I'm thinking asparagus, because it needs to be used up sooner.

I'm in the mood for some "fancy cow" so I'm defrosting two beautiful bacon wrapped Filet Mignon's and I'll be serving them with loaded spuds and steamed broccolini.

MsM, glad to hear your daughter must be getting better with her mouth, since she's not on a soft diet anymore.

Had wonderful thoughts of steamed artichokes for dinner..
Steamed and they were hard as a rock.. :ermm:

Being from artichoke country in Cali, this was a first for me.. :glare:

Decided on poached eggs and toast.. Was good..

Lemon cake for later..

Ross

Mrs. T and I went up to the Ogunquit Playhouse for a matinee performance of Jersey Boys. For a relatively small (I think they hold about 700) summer venue they have never failed to impress with the quality of their productions. The actor / singer who portrayed Frankie Valli did a terrific job, although nobody can match Frankie's vocals.

Given the afternoon's entertainment, we should have made a dinner including Taylor pork. But they don't sell it around here, and it had to be a quick dinner, so it was burgers on the grill and oven fries.

I'll be grilling a rib eye on the Weber early this afternoon before the wind comes up. Side will either be a loaded up salad, or asparagus. I'm thinking asparagus, because it needs to be used up sooner.

I put this on Scott's 'steak method' thread, but since it's tonight's dinner I thought I'd put it here, too. Grilled rib eye and asparagus on the Weber.

Leftovers for steak 'n eggs tomorrow morning. :yum:

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 105
Had wonderful thoughts of steamed artichokes for dinner..
Steamed and they were hard as a rock.. :ermm:

Being from artichoke country in Cali, this was a first for me.. :glare:

Decided on poached eggs and toast.. Was good..

Lemon cake for later..

Ross

UGH, I'm so sorry Ross...what a disappointment. I've had that happen a time or two here in CA - I think they must have been old.

That's one beautifully cooked rib eye Cheryl. Great job as always.
I'm doing the same on the steak thread from Scott and here's our dinner tonight.

Attachments

• P9130061[1].jpg
    P9130061[1].jpg
    69 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Last night we had smoked turkey and cheddar sausages, peppers and onions on hoagie rolls. We used half a roll for one sausage because the rolls were so long. This was a first time meal and we weren't all that happy with the sausages.

smoked_turkey_sausage_peppers_091318_IMG_4859.jpg

UGH, I'm so sorry Ross...what a disappointment. I've had that happen a time or two here in CA - I think they must have been old.
Yeah... old or harvested too early.. Its really odd when an artichoke is not good..

Wish I had had that steak of yours Looks yummy... :yum:

Ross

beer butt chicken new recipe and it was ok. Raining cats and dogs here yesterday so I had to cook it in the oven. Overcooked it :( breast was 185 so it was on the dry side. Skillet roasted green beans with mushrooms and cashews.

Yeah... old or harvested too early.. Its really odd when an artichoke is not good..

Wish I had had that steak of yours Looks yummy... :yum:

Ross

Sorry your chokes didn’t turn out tender. I love stuffed artichokes. That used to happen to me also. But now that I cook my stuffed artichokes in my Instant Pot they are always nice and tender.

Last edited:
Sorry your chokes didn’t turn out tender. I love stuffed artichokes. That used to happen to me also. But now that I cook my stuffed artichokes in my Instant Pot they are always nice and tender.
I did mine in my IP... Have done so 3 or 4 times recently and this time, they were like rocks.. Just bad chokes, I guess..:neutral:

I don't stuff them as, when young we would just stop by a field, pick what we needed and steam them as soon as we got home.. Delicious.. I've tried various way of prep but, always go back to plain.. :)

Ross

I did mine in my IP... Have done so 3 or 4 times recently and this time, they were like rocks.. Just bad chokes, I guess..:neutral:

I don't stuff them as, when young we would just stop by a field, pick what we needed and steam them as soon as we got home.. Delicious.. I've tried various way of prep but, always go back to plain.. :)

Ross

Oh. Sorry. I haven’t had that happen yet that I know of. When I cooked them on stove or microwave I just thought I didn’t cook them long enough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom