First Day of Socks Dinner - 9/24/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
If that guy from Foodimentary can make up holidays, then I can too!

It was cool the last two nights, and today is only going to get up to 55 F, so I finally had to break down and put on socks today. Sad to see summer go. Still grilling weather, though. Dinner will be "supermarket fresh" swordfish on the grill with pineapple salsa, some kind of rice, roasted cauliflower.

I have a condo board meeting tonight so dinner will be an easy to fix meal of pastrami sandwiches.

I have a turkey breast ready to roast, fresh green beans (I may make cold garlic and lemon string bean salad), stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy. Maybe mashed if someone wants. That’s the plan.

DH chicken and garlic potatoes. Me corn pancakes, spiced rice, refried beans. DS some frozen delicious dinner at work.

I went out for a Mexican feast for lunch and could only eat about half, so I brought the rest home. I'll nibble on the rest of it this evening - maybe. I'm still pretty full. :)

Red beans and rice courtesy of Zaterain's, doctored up with sausage and Anaheim peppers.

Roasted tomato soup with fennel, carrot, onions, garlic, with gruyere grilled cheese.

Attachments

• 2018-09-24 18.41.31.jpg
    2018-09-24 18.41.31.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 134
Med, your roasted tomato soup sounds (and looks) delicious. Do you have a recipe, or do you wing it? I love the sound of those ingredients. :yum:

I saw the headline socks, you got my attention, my cat is called soxy,lol, although he's not my cat, he just turns up for dinner every night at 7.30.
Although it's spring here it's not warm today so beef casserole and mash spud here Tonight.

Russ

I saw the headline socks, you got my attention, my cat is called soxy,lol, although he's not my cat, he just turns up for dinner every night at 7.30.
Although it's spring here it's not warm today so beef casserole and mash spud here Tonight.

Russ

Any kind of beefy casserole and mashies sounds good to me! :yum:

Sounds like Soxy knows where to go to get the good eats. :wub:

Any kind of beefy casserole and mashies sounds good to me! :yum:

Sounds like Soxy knows where to go to get the good eats. :wub:

My kids reckon I'm a softie, they call me dr dolittle,lol. My daughter actually went on a Facebook page and found someone that owned the cat and disappeared about 2 years ago, he didn't want him back. So he turns up here at night for a feed. He gets what I eat so he lives well. He had steak last night. Prolly same tonight.my wife says he's not our cat,lol.

Russ

My "Stillers" are on MNF, so it is football food tonight. Chips and salsa, and at halftime, I'm going to cook up some jalapeños from my garden, stuffed with cheddar-jack cheese and battered and deep fried. Maybe a hot dog with mustard and kraut later. Health food.:angel:

CD

If that guy from Foodimentary can make up holidays, then I can too!

It was cool the last two nights, and today is only going to get up to 55 F, so I finally had to break down and put on socks today. Sad to see summer go. Still grilling weather, though. Dinner will be "supermarket fresh" swordfish on the grill with pineapple salsa, some kind of rice, roasted cauliflower.
Socks? "Tha-a-t's NOTH-ING" as the TV advert says. My central heating has been on for the last week. I've changed into my winter pyjamas and tucked the hot water into my bed this last week. It's been so-o-o cold at night.

I found that the rubber "hottie" had perished and I couldn't find one in the local shops - you know the score "Sorry, it's not the season for hot water bottles". Improvisation required.

I have a pair of stoneware hot water bottles which I rescued from my grandmother's cellar and which I use as book ends. I called them back to their original purpose. Filled with boiling water and popped into your bed half an hour before you get into bed - really efficient - much more so than the rubber ones. The bottle was still seriously warm in the morning and I could envisage people using the warm water left in the bottles for their morning ablutions.

My kids reckon I'm a softie, they call me dr dolittle,lol. My daughter actually went on a Facebook page and found someone that owned the cat and disappeared about 2 years ago, he didn't want him back. So he turns up here at night for a feed. He gets what I eat so he lives well. He had steak last night. Prolly same tonight.my wife says he's not our cat,lol.

Russ
I used to have a mug with "You can own a dog but you are a cat's servant" emblazoned on he side.

My "Stillers" are on MNF, so it is football food tonight. Chips and salsa, and at halftime, I'm going to cook up some jalapeños from my garden, stuffed with cheddar-jack cheese and battered and deep fried. Maybe a hot dog with mustard and kraut later. Health food.:angel:

CD

Well, my "Stillers" squeaked out a win, thanks to Big Ben. I ate a bunch of food my doctor would not approve of. All-in-all, not a bad Monday. :LOL:

My little grey cells are working on some kind of taco Tuesday. I have some chorizo from the Mexican Market, but I have never cooked with chorizo before. Maybe it is time to dive into that pool. Suggestions welcome.

CD

Back
Top Bottom