ISO T&T Beef fondue sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I am at home visiting my family and we decided to have beef fondue for dinner. We fixed our usual sauces, but I thought it would be fun to try some new ones. I printed out some from the computer and both turned out horrible. Does anyone have any T&T sauces that you have used and would reccomend?

These are the 2 that we usually use

mustard sauce-1 cup cole slaw dressing to 2 T. mustard

pink sauce-1/3 cup mayo, 3T. chili sauce, 2t. worcestershire, 1t. A-1, several dashes tabasco

For the sauce I'm going to post, dip the meat cubes and bread cubes into it.

Ingredients:
2 cups beef stock
3 carrots, sliced
1 onion
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 clove garlic
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
8 oz. sliced mushrooms, chopped fine
2 tsp. cornstarch

Place all ingredients except the cornstarch into a 2 quart pot and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and turn down to a low simmer. Cook until the carrot and mushroom slices are very soft.

Turn off the heat and either pour the mixture into a blender, or use an immersion blender in the pot. Blend until smooth.

Mix the cornstarch with 3 tbs. water. Return the sauce to the pot and again bring to a boil. Slowly stir in the cornstarch slurry. Remove from heat. Put the sauce into the Fondue pot and serve with the meat and toasted bread cubes.

You can add addtional flavor to this sauce with worcestershire, or A1 sauce. You can add sor sauce to it, or a bit of sesame oil. A bit of tomato wouldn't hurt it either.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom