Sausage Pizza Day Dinner - Thursday 10/11/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To satisfy a mutual craving, we're having pepperoni pizza tonight. After all, pepperoni is a type of sausage.

Huh, coincidentally, I have the sausage part covered. No pizza, though. We'll be having the sausage with peppers and onions, along side the last package of Three Bridges Pasta - a spinach-ricotta tortellini. First, though, we'll toss the salads...into our mouths. :LOL:

I made pizza last week. I have always eaten fresh pizza but last week I made a frozen Pepperoni pizza and tried it today. I think i'll do more of them!
I was surprised as it was just as good as fresh!

39817-albums888-picture7614.jpg
[/IMG]

I made pizza last week. I have always eaten fresh pizza but last week I made a frozen Pepperoni pizza and tried it today. I think i'll do more of them!
I was surprised as it was just as good as fresh!

39817-albums888-picture7614.jpg
[/IMG]
Did you cook it, then freeze it, or did you freeze it raw?

Our pizza-less sausage, along along with tortellini sauced with a quick one made with leftover half cans from a couple of previous meals. I couldn't believe how fresh the salad greens were. The farm stand said they would be fresh for a week - and they were!
IMG_20181011_213301162.jpg

I did a take on GG's Caprese Fish tonight in my individual casseroles. The side was really good too with highly spiced Orzo and zucchini ribbons in a garlic herb butter sauce. Yummy dinner.

Attachments

• PA110008[1].jpg
    PA110008[1].jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 131
https://foodimentary.com/2014/10/11/october-11-is-national-sausage-pizza-day/

Not making a sausage pizza but doing something else with sausage and dough. I'll be firing up the pasta machine and making pasta with sausage ragu. Green salad on the side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK8GJXUnTwc

Tenspeed, I just watched this episode last night on YouTube!
For the Sausage portion --- I made whole grain penne pasta with sweet italian sausage and kale--- add in loads of garlic, white wine, olive oil, some freshly grated nutmeg and some homemade chicken stock to create the "sauce" --- topped it off with grated grana padano cheese and made a loaf of Trader Joe's "Half Baked Idea mini ciabatta"
YUM!!!
Please, please, no photos!!! (I forgot :LOL:)

Butternut squash tamales. The squash is in both the dough and filling. The original recipe is vegan. Next time I'll have to adjust the amount of squash, as we ran out of filling with several tamales worth of dough left.

36788-albums1020-picture7619.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom