10/21/2018 -International Day of the Nacho Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the link, ten.. Looks like it might be real good..

With football and Nascar on today, we are settling for a frozen pizza from Aldi and will have peach cobbler later..

Ross

It is a bye-week for my Steelers, and I'm not into cars going in circles, but the sun is out!!!! It took me a while to get my eyes adapted, but once I did, it was rather nice. :)

I haven't made dinner plans, but I do have all the ingredients needed for some for some tasty nachos... hmmmmm.

CD

Oh, BTW Ross, you used to live a few miles from one of the legendary race tracks in the world, Laguna Seca. I'm thinking you've gotta' miss that. Did you ever volunteer with SCRAMP?

CD

Oh, BTW Ross, you used to live a few miles from one of the legendary race tracks in the world, Laguna Seca. I'm thinking you've gotta' miss that. Did you ever volunteer with SCRAMP?

CD

While I was not a volunteer, I did pit time with a friend who was the brother-in-law to Junior Parsons who drove for Carl Hass in the Can-Am series in the 60s. My friend was a dirt track racer and we spent a lot of time at area tracks and in his family shop. I moved away from the Peninsula in the mid 60's and didn't return until the 90's.

Mmmm.....nachos. That'll have to be on the menu soon. :yum:

I fired up the Weber this afternoon to grill a rib eye, and there was enough hot coals left to throw some shrimp on, so I had surf 'n turf this afternoon. Spinach salad on the side. I didn't make the salad - it was one of those already put together 'bistro' salads from Albertsons. Delicious, though. :)

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 122
Chicken, broccoli, ziti with cheese.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_5362.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_5362.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 139
Mmmm.....nachos. That'll have to be on the menu soon. :yum:

I fired up the Weber this afternoon to grill a rib eye, and there was enough hot coals left to throw some shrimp on, so I had surf 'n turf this afternoon. Spinach salad on the side. I didn't make the salad - it was one of those already put together 'bistro' salads from Albertsons. Delicious, though. :)

Steak and shrimp on the Weber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00w1HGqyxTM

CD

Well, my chips were really stale, so no nachos. :mad:

So, I went to my standby meal... pasta. If you have pasta in the pantry, and pretty much anything else in the pantry, fridge or freezer, you have a meal.

Penne, diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil... oh, and some Parmigiano-Reggiano grated on top at the end. Not exciting, but darned good eats.

CD

We had pasta, too, as a bed for our shrimp in scampi sauce. You might be able to see it under all that cheese. [emoji1] It was too cold for salad, so our side was broccoli and tomato.

IMG_20181021_212840986.jpg

Cuban pot roast using a pork butt and mojo. Sides carrots, potatoes and Cuban bread.

Attachments

• 2018-10-21 17.43.42.jpg
    2018-10-21 17.43.42.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom