International Men's Day Dinner - 11/19/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
This ought to be fun! :)

"The objectives of celebrating an International Men's Day, set out in "The Six Pillars of International Men's Day", include focusing on men's and boys' health, improving gender relations, promoting gender equality, and highlighting male role models. It is an occasion to highlight discrimination against men and boys and to celebrate their achievements and contributions, in particular for their contributions to community, family, marriage, and child care."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Men's_Day

I have a conference call from 5 to 7 PM, so I made a pot of chili so eating times can be flexible. Green salad on the side.

I had a deli roast beef, lettuce, tomato and bacon on toasted rye, salt, pepper and mayo.

Every day around here seems to be "Himself Day". [emoji849] He is spoiled like a cat. [emoji38]

We had spinach salads with lots of add-ins, bratwurst with sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. Comfort food on a cold, cloudy day

. IMG_20181119_205308325.jpg

We ordered out. DH had a tasty hamburger with a baked potato, cole slaw, and a dill pickle. I had a Cobb salad. It seemed simple because I only had to ask for no tomato and no ranch dressing. Ranch dressing for a Cobb salad? They didn't know what was in the dressing, so I didn't trust it not to have soy oil. It was tasty and hit the spot.

CG...LOL :LOL:

Good looking dinners all around. I thawed out some seasoned ground beef, used the last of the lettuce, green onions and cheddar, and threw together a taco salad. Made more room in the fridge for Thanksgiving leftovers.

In-N-Out for His Nibs and me tonight. Single patty cheeseburgers with fresh onions, a side of fries to split, and I got Mark a half and half shake. I was surprised by how neat the burger was. We haven’t it in a long while, and I remember it being much messier! Which I like, btw.

Oh ketchup for Mark’s fries, I had mine with fine ground black pepper and Kewpie mayo.

Hot dogs with mustard and sauerkraut, and a side of double fried french fries (crunch).

CD

I made a a friend of the Lady who runs a Chinese Take-Out 'down on the corner' - We trade plant cuttings regularly, and she almost always gives me some sort of discount...

Once in a while, when ordering, I'll just tell her to 'surprise me'. This tactic usually gets me something I've not had, or even heard of, before.....
Well, last night I said,'surprise me!', and she did !
She said, ' you like Butterfly Shrimp ?' Of course I do !

This was a Butterfly Shrimp dish like no other, sort of akin to Egg Foo Young...

Butterflied Shrimps encased in an Egg Batter, Served with Stir-Fried Vegetables.... Sesame Won-Tons on the Side...

So much there, I didn't even open the pint of rice...

It was delicious !

King China Butterfly Shrimp1.jpg

King China Butterfly Shrimp2.jpg

King China Butterfly Shrimp3.jpg

Last edited:
We pulled out about half of what's left of our corn/chili and shredded pork/red mole tamales, and Craig made green and red sauces for them. We have enough of the sauces leftover for the rest of the tamales, so a freezer, don't have to cook at all meal is in our future!

Back
Top Bottom