Buche de Noel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Since we'll be having our real Christmas later this week with our girls, I started on our Buche de Noel today. This thread will be a work in progress. Today, molded fondant decorations so they'll have time to dry. The pinecone halves will be put together to make a 3D pinecone.

Attachments

• 2018-12-25 14.36.18.jpg
    2018-12-25 14.36.18.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 536
Thank you. I was really surprised they turned out so well since I had never done that before.

I've been seeing a lot of bûche de Nöel cakes in different places online this year. Your decorations are more realistic than most of the other ones I've seen. Great job for a beginner [emoji2]

Several years ago I made a Buche Noel. I was good at cake but bad at decorations. But I did my best and it tasted great but looked funky.

I took it to my friend's Xmas open house party.

20 minutes later, someone else brought a Buche Noel and it looked perfect. Oh well, I sighed.

Awhile later I noticed all the trash bins had plates of the gorgeous Buche Noel with one bite missing then tossed in the bins. Hmmmm I wondered.

Turns out the gorgeous Buche Noel was from a Japanese bakery and had no dairy: only tofu.

So the homemade, plain, funky-looking original recipe Buche Noel I made was the dessert hit of the party.

Last edited:
Meringue mushrooms. Recipe later.

Attachments

• 2018-12-27 16.06.32.jpg
    2018-12-27 16.06.32.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 200
What beautiful work, Med! :ohmy: Admittedly, I had to look up Buche de Noel and re-familiarize myself with it. How fun!

Following this thread. :)

Thanks so much ladies. I spent extra time making them look real. Put a tiny bit of cocoa powder in the sugar for the meringue so they wouldn't be white, white, and then brushed them with more cocoa powder once they were cooked.

Finished cake. Working on getting recipes typed up.

Attachments

• 2018-12-29 12.22.12.jpg
    2018-12-29 12.22.12.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 247

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom