Word Nerd Day Dinner - 1/9/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Made a batch of chicken noodle soup in the IP..
That with toasted garlic bread will be our dinner..

Picked up a strawberry/rhubarb pie for dessert..

Ross

Chicken here also.

Breaded chicken cutlet, breaded cauliflower and jasmine rice (tomato sauce to top).

chicken_cutlet_010919_IMG_5274.JPG

Was the pickerel store bought, or did you or someone you know catch it?

We finally got around to eating the Sunday gravy I made a few days ago. Wow, it was good. That whole "tastes better the next day" thing. This was 3 times better, then.

The rest was frozen, which kinda ruins the efforts we've made to cook stuff from the freezer.

Brrr, baby it's cold outside.

Wow. I haven't had pickerel since we went ice fishing w/ my dad and some of his buddies when I was a kid. My dad said pickerel was only good in the winter, but I no longer remember why he said that.

I made a Big pot of vegetable beef soup today. I found a bowl of same in the freezer from the last batch, so I combined that with today's soup. Pretty tasty.

Wow, great sounding dinners, as usual! :yum:

I made one of my faves that I make about once a month or so....braised short ribs with gravy over mashed. Steamed carrots on the side.

I stirfried some leftover steak and broccoli with TJ's Veri Teriyaki.

We needed some place close when we left the art museum, and Cleveland's Asiatown was less than 10 minutes away. We ate at a place called LJ Shanghai that is known for its sublime soup dumplings. Six little pillows for $5? Two orders, please. The guys each had a bowl of scallion noodles, while I had a huge bowl of pork and veggies won ton soup. I swear it was a quart sized bowl! Happy tummies.
IMG_20190109_210148416.jpgIMG_20190109_210045774.jpg

Last edited:
Collard greens ramen. It's a fusion dish. Pretty darn tasty, a definite make again. From this month's Food and Wine mag.

Attachments

• 2019-01-09 18.30.05.jpg
    2019-01-09 18.30.05.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom