Preparing the pan for pineapple upside down cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
The directions call for using spray oil to coat the pan before cooking. I don't have it. What should I use instead? I have lard, soy oil, sunflower oil and olive oil. Should I dust with a bit of flour also?

I know what to do with typical cakes and breads but there is already so much butter on the bottom of this pan.....

You don't need oil spray. Just pour a little oil of any kind into the pan and wipe the inside with a paper towel. We all did just fine before cooking spray was invented.;)

Last edited:
The directions call for using spray oil to coat the pan before cooking. I don't have it. What should I use instead? I have lard, soy oil, sunflower oil and olive oil. Should I dust with a bit of flour also?
My favorite cake. Please don't use the flour. Doesn't it start out with melting butter and then adding brown sugar? I never saw a need to oil the pan. Please share the recipe.

Last edited:
You don't need oil or flour for an UPSIDE DOWN cake. You want what is going to be on the top of the cake to bake on the bottom.

All you need is butter and brown sugar.

You don't need oil or flour for an UPSIDE DOWN cake. You want what is going to be on the top of the cake to bake on the bottom.

All you need is butter and brown sugar.

+1

Keep in mind you have to turn the cake out of the pan as soon as you take it out of the oven. You should not have a problem. If you let the cake cool before taking it out of the pan, the brown sugar will solidify and glue the cake to the pan.

Here's a photo, after I doctored it up a bit with strawberry jam to cover a couple of small places where the topping separated from the cake.

Attachments

• WeChat Image_20190115210116.jpg
    WeChat Image_20190115210116.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom