Dinner 1-15-2019 ~ The Great Molasses Flood in Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Until we moved to MA, we had never heard of this. A Deadly Tsunami of Molasses in Boston's North End ~ Instead of molasses these days, the park is filled with many elderly men playing bocce ball. :)

No molasses in our dinner tonight. I pulled a tub from the freezer - the last of the smothered chicken I made last month. We'll have that with mashed potatoes, canned corn, and peas. Wish I had time to bake a gingerbread, but I'm committed to getting some cleaning done in the (52 degree) basement. Brrr....

SIL is traveling this week, so I try to make things that we can take to DD's so she doesn't have to cook. Beef and cheese cannelloni (split into two 8x8 dishes, one for us, one for her and the grandkids), with a green salad on the side.

I had a portion of chicken taco soup from the freezer. A relatively light meal before they cut me up tomorrow.

Got a voucher from our son for a restaurant, used to be Italian, and that was nil.
We'll see how it goes tonight.

Russ

I made an Asian style soup tonight..Kind of like Ramen, with a bunch of ingredients, but with a quick broth I boiled up with a bit of ginger, garlic, star anise, soy sauce..I had pork balls, shrimp, bok choy, bean sprouts, rice noodles, boiled egg..and a big dollop of chili sauce..I can't feel my bottom lip..

No molasses here tonight either, but I read your link to the Molasses Flood, CG. Wow...is about all I can say...I had never heard of that. :ermm::ohmy:

Taco Tuesday for dinner this evening. :yum:

:LOL:
Good looking, soundin' and well Andy, you are a funny guy!

It has been raining here since yesterday.
It's dark, dank and COLD!
This calls for a nice pot of soup for linner.
https://mykitcheninthemiddleofthede...4/hawaiian-chinese-style-chicken-noodle-soup/
001.jpg
Chicken Long Rice:
poached Chicken thigh meat, chopped
Mung Bean threads (Long Rice or Sai Fun)
homemade Chicken stock
Shitake Mushrooms
fresh Ginger and Garlic
Green onions
Hawaiian Salt
White Pepper
This is a popular dish in Hawaii, I make mine soup-ier (DH does not care for it, so I shared with Miss Neighbor across the street, she loved it)

Very soul warming, try it!

Roasted cauliflower has been talked about a lot lately so thought I'd give it a try with the oven pork chops tonight. It was ok but it sure doesn't work with roasted broccolini. I don't like the smell in the house either. Everything was edible so that's a good thing.

I actually baked a Granny Pineapple Cake today, so there's that.:D

I actually had heard of the molasses flood. :cool:

USDA choice ribeye, sous vide and seared -- perfect medium rare. Side of roasted red potatoes. :yum:

CD

I went for my flu shot, so we decided to go out for supper afterwards. We went to a resto called Bâton Rouge. It's near home, excellent, even if a bit pricey. It's worth it. The food is really good. I had the top sirloin with seasonal vegis and DH had something called "chipotle Jack chicken" and a baked potato with "the works".

My rare, sirloin steak:

cYFwMHdW8jgFGmlVu8Mvdc6NzM-cP7_wq0u2ZzjWuO0aN_fDca_67R8gL916Ok_3Sx5wb-9-W9a7kak7JQpsGz54miKA9Jg2S7i-cjol8POrE9KDSbtLVlnIu1SsdSXxh_fEikTwhofig33WRe2nZDE7rGbGg-_8A7b6f1-Jr_ZdEIRK5SIer9wgD03Yecx-WpQ01lM5SdRHBJiAK-lbK34kX9VyZGUaMCzZvuXxNeervBvufUlt8f82UrFIQMHy7FzuJEy0_iWWbPDmwwV87NXihpT3UisRw0sCtCjQj5oI8nctpfbNDnRJHAI5Uhpa4gj8g1347VqiC5rHyVfgeIZaXCSnr9EEoesX3sjpbk0NHACqaTEHJtLhydwZo06oXlut8jRetRzdzIkSZk0Bx0x5xFnkoaMYJHNpujdXDijoyRHmm1H7BqjjLXdgHWfAnYzdVk0R6p7fwwn1fOO547OOrxTGakO1OcuyxNZopKkaCJ6kA6isTGYwis4Ci0nScvrdKaMTQ-RJWErlU9gAiVgj-qOQr7lba4TJ8Hd0Vebk_VbC_6G-oOM3a0e2FtrI4MFd45z41Vz9b1fvD8za11HUcz-PYsyvyRBZ8HharL3ohldnAvCTOeuuIGZbiBXW3d8FOMouHYRAjXhEqklGi8Bbm3d59yJLpN95VldrmUXrm0-KUVwt3wrN1uvKIptgNcrm1_riHcpHFII5Ejw=w812-h609-no

DH's chipotle Jack chicken:

kfeOBgbZcV4thM-fUbc5xat8aBsBnCBTj1fuZnYT9qRZN5dAw5jvDCvd-Z1LKIRDka8W8ljFE4djfLMvHB9-6q8TCPmrJn2psujauiJjbZanHBG8bjEwUZLFB-Bjlt-RWRDLeGJyZNS_SVtHWaNAYgGVvQM8RSOTKgJc6Dr9Q1-P5RJpv8g1jaScBUykSiGvBLbFEvEPQ1KcvDCK2iWSji5un2-gF6Y_nBLvEU_sHpytcRR26BnkmxZ2mOVRbE_g1_w18Mu4jrYzHX08f8TKmC-GcA7RNsrkvwWreuLL7b_OxX12w6PQ22sA7b0pS4-TAq5ZCTnKRU30qPKojbdVRPrV5zH2YcEaOxmpknZ9ezz7OX61s587jCmPeaJ-yBaR9OYTMe7A_FOHgBdpGspjmhvv78RHa5q7mNk9TrZ5mJa-4osAef8G4ZGJZ6-hXYl48cfExVFwJ5OL0eDohGuK5ztOWOM207LnbGErsYIoToEWXKICgfAbPRl-pJnfx-p9JVDGwp1xsIt6eiUoKwzkToVeA6lgFifqZ7Zq4gaGA9szH3yg8SlTMkw_xFjIJhzuPRDjI1LX9LhzLVBPUkAh9fDzQ8J59g9iuIxOzu2rd7wFSC_19x3RX13EjayUqplsm7gi8wHEfHVJpWRMHRWXjWZ9rnpV6ylNai8waiF7tWeuxrrVNV3bfe0O0O9X0Hq-6ZgXMsMacP7qsqYSbdM=w812-h609-no

Pork loin and I must say the crackling was really good, not as good as mine, but close. Veges a bit undercooked, but hey, that's the norm.

Russ

I actually had heard of the molasses flood. :cool:

USDA choice ribeye, sous vide and seared -- perfect medium rare. Side of roasted red potatoes. :yum:

CD

Wow! That was the best steak I have had in a long time. It started with a good piece of meat. It was USDA Choice, but when I saw it in the store, it looked like USDA Prime, to me. The inter-muscular fat looked awesome.

All I had to do was not mess it up. So, sous vide to medium rare, and seared with the Searsall.

It was "like butta'." And, the flavor was incredible.

Psycho-poodle's eyes were glued to me until he got his scraps. :LOL:

CD

Attachments

• Steak001.jpg
    Steak001.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 122
Last Night's Deli-Roast Pork Open-Faced over White Toast, Gravy, Mashed Spuds, Fried Apples, Southwest - style Corn, Cuke Slices in a Champagne Vinaigrette...

Deli Roast Pork, Open-Faced.jpg

Back
Top Bottom