Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   National "The day that music died" day. What did you bake into your American Pie? (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/national-the-day-that-music-died-day-what-did-you-bake-into-your-american-pie-101569.html)

caseydog 02-03-2019 10:26 AM

National "The day that music died" day. What did you bake into your American Pie?

I've got a prime ribeye dry aging in the fridge, to be sous vide and seared tonight. What will you drive your Chevy to the levy for?

CD

Andy M. 02-03-2019 10:53 AM

I'm going to be Super Bowl snacking tonight. I'm planning shrimp cocktail, chicken wings, and a few other odds and ends, so I plenty to wash down with beer.

Kaneohegirlinaz 02-03-2019 04:35 PM

We don't have TV anymore, so no Super Bowl here (but then we boycotted pro football after all that hullabaloo with the knelling business :mad:).

Its Sunday Supper here in the middle of the desert and that means Pasta!
Ravioli with Meatballs and some Italian Bread.
Cheese Ravs for DH and Spinach Cheese for moi.
MAN! Did you just hear that? My stomach said, LET'S EAT!!!

msmofet 02-03-2019 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this the dinner thread for 2/3/2019?

If so:

I shopping this morning. Had a low fever and maybe should have stayed home. But tomorrow may be worse so got it over with.

I had a Chobani yogurt for breakfast before going out.

This was lunch - Rotisserie chicken, skirt steak, fruit, potato salad

Attachment 33443

Not really hungry for dinner.

caseydog 02-03-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz (Post 1582572)
We don't have TV anymore, so no Super Bowl here (but then we boycotted pro football after all that hullabaloo with the knelling business :mad:).

Its Sunday Supper here in the middle of the desert and that means Pasta!
Ravioli with Meatballs and some Italian Bread.
Cheese Ravs for DH and Spinach Cheese for moi.
MAN! Did you just hear that? My stomach said, LET'S EAT!!!

Another reason not to watch the SB. A talented athlete can't get a job in the NFL because he dared to stand up for something by taking a knee.

Are you making some "Sunday Gravy" for that pasta-fest? It's funny, I grew up in an Italian American family, but never heard Italian sauce called "gravy" until a few years ago. I don't know why, but I'm sure BT will come up with a really stupid reason. :rolleyes:

CD

caseydog 02-03-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmofet (Post 1582586)
Is this the dinner thread for 2/3/2019?

Yes, well, that was my intention. The title was long, so I didn't include the date. Sorry. :doh:

CD

Cooking Goddess 02-03-2019 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our halftime entertainment was bratwurst, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and beer braised cabbage with bacon. Pickled beets for some color.
Attachment 33444

bethzaring 02-03-2019 08:42 PM

We had salads for dinner, and now that you mention it, we will toast Buddy too.

taxlady 02-03-2019 09:35 PM

We ordered Indian food. Yup, that was yummy.

caseydog 02-03-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess (Post 1582606)
Our halftime entertainment was bratwurst, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and beer braised cabbage with bacon. Pickled beets for some color.
Attachment 33444

Lose the beets, and I'm all over that dinner. :yum: Well, tomorrow, because I'm eating steak tonight. :wink:

CD