QVC food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
Have you ever purchased food from QVC?

We've bought Mrs. Prindables chocolate and confection covered apples from QVC to give to my son's teachers as gifts before. The whole "apple for the teacher" idea.

They were inexpensive and very tasty. The teachers always seemed to appreciate them.

Recently, though, I've noticed some other foods on QVC that were ridiculously expensive.

Today's special was Faroe Island salmon portions. Just $70 for seven 5 oz. portions.

:ohmy:

Only $32 per pound.

For salmon.

Last week, they had tiny medallions of beef tenderloin plus tenderloin tips for $105.

Tenderloin trimmings for $15 per pound.

When I hear the sales guy mention that they've sold thpusands upon thousands of each of these, I have to wonder who is buying them, and could they possibly be worth the ridiculous cost?

Have you ever bought food from QVC, and did you enjoy it?

We've bought Mrs. Prindables chocolate and confection covered apples from QVC to give to my son's teachers as gifts before. The whole "apple for the teacher" idea.

They were inexpensive and very tasty. The teachers always seemed to appreciate them.

Recently, though, I've noticed some other foods on QVC that were ridiculously expensive.

Today's special was Faroe Island salmon portions. Just $70 for seven 5 oz. portions.

:ohmy:

Only $32 per pound.

For salmon.

Last week, they had tiny medallions of beef tenderloin plus tenderloin tips for $105.

Tenderloin trimmings for $15 per pound.

When I hear the sales guy mention that they've sold thpusands upon thousands of each of these, I have to wonder who is buying them, and could they possibly be worth the ridiculous cost?

I have a friend in Atlanta and about twice a year she sends me the small croissants from QVC. They are delicious. I never checked the price on them.

My brother worked for QVC for years as an executive producer or something like that. I don't recall him expressing an opinion about the food they sold, though he did have some fun stories about Paula Deen and a few other TV food personalities.

QVC sells food? :huh: Wow, I'm missing out on a lot by not having cable.

Not. :D

bucky, I bet $10 a pound salmon would be just as good of a meal if accompanied by a bottle of $20 wine. I do have my priorities. :cool:

QVC sells food? :huh: Wow, I'm missing out on a lot by not having cable.

Not. :D

bucky, I bet $10 a pound salmon would be just as good of a meal if accompanied by a bottle of $20 wine. I do have my priorities. :cool:

I thought QVC was only a place to buy cubic zirconium jewelry and Revolutionary War collectors plates.

They sell food? :huh:

Trump Steaks, perhaps? Precooked to well-done? :yum:

CD

DD and family have bought food from them or HSN before. Pretty sure it was QVC though. I know they have bought other food items but only thing I really remember is a cheesecake assortment because they really like it and it's a recurring purchase.

I have not bought food from QVC... I do know it is pricey even though have some brand names you can easily recognize,

They have sold meat from the rastelli market

Kansas City Steaks

Corky's BBQ

Greenhead Lobster

Cushman's Honeybells

Squirrle Brand Nuts

Germack nuts

Wine from "Mr. Wonderful" Kevin O'leary

Russel Stover candy with exclusive flavors

Harry London choclate

Junior's Cheesecakes

Jimmy the baker

Cheryl's Cookies.

Authentic Gourmet croissants.

Perfect Gourmet Pot Stickers

Smithfield Ham.

Ms. Prindables Apples.

…. snipped …..

I must say, way back in the day, I purchased some item that was just ridiculously priced, but man it looked so flippin' good, I jumped on the phone and ordered it! I should say that I was also ridiculously DRUNK, young and stupid too :ROFLMAO: Why do you think they put this stuff on TV late at night? ;):rolleyes::LOL:

I must say, way back in the day, I purchased some item that was just ridiculously priced, but man it looked so flippin' good, I jumped on the phone and ordered it! I should say that I was also ridiculously DRUNK, young and stupid too :ROFLMAO: Why do you think they put this stuff on TV late at night? ;):rolleyes::LOL:

I actually laughed out loud over that one Kgirl. Been there done that more than once too. :ROFLMAO:
Ohhh, those were the days. :wacko:

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I have to admit....I've never even been to the QVC channel...I may have to check it out and see what all the hoopla is. No wine in hand, though....:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

No, QVC is on 24/7 Cheryl. Most people only get into trouble ordering after midnight. I think that's how they stay in business then and now. Mama always said I'd get into trouble after midnight and she was right, especially with too much wine.

Oh, OK...I get it now. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Your mama was right, Kay.
The last few posts are crackin' me up now. :LOL:

Is this about food from the channel QVC or from the grocery store QFC, also known as Kroger's?

From QVC... The place that sells food, wine, and few days out of the year has 24 hour days of just cooking / kitchen supplies.

From QVC... The place that sells food, wine, and few days out of the year has 24 hour days of just cooking / kitchen supplies.

I think you know more about shopping than anyone I know -- even my ex-wife. :LOL:

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom