2/11/2019 - Women and Girls in Science Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
International Day of Women and Girls in Science 11 February

I wish they would have started this back when I was in engineering school, as there were only guys in my classes. English and history classes were a welcome relief.

Tonight's dinner will be Thai peanut chicken thighs in the slow cooker, served over brown rice. Here's the original recipe, but I'm adding ginger, garlic, and sriracha to the slow cooker, and then topping the finished dish with sliced radishes and snow peas.

http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/04/crockpot-thai-peanut-chicken-recipe.html

I've enlisted SO to chop and onion and some garlic for dinner tonight. I'm making a beef and rice casserole with sour cream and cheese.

Tentative planned dinner: Ranch shake n bake wings, steak fries and salad.

I just shared this with my niece who is attending UC-San Diego. Last I heard, she is studying chemical engineering (she started with plans to be a meteorologist).
FB_IMG_1549914088831.jpg

I just shared this with my niece who is attending UC-San Diego. Last I heard, she is studying chemical engineering (she started with plans to be a meteorologist).
She should stick with being a meteorologist. I don't know of any other profession where you can be wrong so often and not get fired!

chicken skewers.jpg

[file photo of one of my dishes that I made]

Tonight's plan is what most would consider Chicken Yakitori,
basically its Teriyaki Chicken cutup into bite sized pieced and
grilled on a skewer :yum:
I've already made my version of Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (kimchi)
and a fresh pot of steamed White Rice is in the works as I type ;)

DH said this is his favorite "... non-Italian dish" that I make... its
in the regular rotation, for sure!! :chef:

I had a few TJ's mini chicken wontons and assorted veggies to use up, so I cooked those in some Asian style broth.

View attachment 33583

[file photo of one of my dishes that I made]

Tonight's plan is what most would consider Chicken Yakitori,
basically its Teriyaki Chicken cutup into bite sized pieced and
grilled on a skewer :yum:
I've already made my version of Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (kimchi)
and a fresh pot of steamed White Rice is in the works as I type ;)

DH said this is his favorite "... non-Italian dish" that I make... its
in the regular rotation, for sure!! :chef:

My God, you're killing me, K-girl. That looks fantastic, again. I think your hubby and I were created from the same tastebuds...

We could have cooked together Dawg.
I did pork Asian stir fry with assorted bits and pieces from the produce drawers needing to be used, and added some cooked Chinese noodles with a spicy sauce. PDG! :yum:

She should stick with being a meteorologist. I don't know of any other profession where you can be wrong so often and not get fired!
Lol, I'll tell her. Curious, though. Do you check the weather forecast before you go camping?

I know when DH was a meteorologist in the Navy, the captain of the aircraft carrier he was on depended on the daily weather forecast.

I went to a master gardener class tonight and helped provide dinner to the students and volunteers. Others brought pizza and salad; I made four dozen double chocolate cookies. I brought home about a dozen; I'm going to pack them up and send them to my FIL.
0211191713a.jpg

My dad was a chemical engineering major, and it worked out for him. He retired as a Fortune 500 (actually Fortune 30) oil executive. From what I hear, they are in demand, again.

CD

I had the end of my pizza, reheated, plus a salad, from my indoor garden - lettuce, mizuna, and a bit of chives, parsley, and basil.

We had breakfast or supper - maple sausage, roasted potatoes & onions, scrambled eggs & cheese, sliced tomatoes (Mom) and sliced cucumbers (me).

Back
Top Bottom