First Friday of Lent. 3/8/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We were supposed to cook at home but discovered the cilantro, which is a large component, had seen much better days. So tried a smokehouse we had seen when out and about. Pretty decent Q for the most part, Texas style. Started talking to manager who came by to see how dinner was and ended up getting to see their kitchen and smokers.

I had a BLT for dinner this afternoon on toasted sourdough bread, with a wonderful sliced tomato from the local farmers market. Strawberries on the side, also from the farmers market.

I went out for dinner tonight. I had errands to run, and just decided to eat out.

I had chicken wings, which (at least) weren't overcooked, but they were garlic parmesan wings that were drowning in butter. The taste was okay, but I could only eat abut five wings. Just too rich with all that butter.

Next Friday, I'll go back to my tradition of eating pork on Fridays during lent, so I can break the traditions of at least three major religious beliefs with one meal. :devilish:

CD :whistling

A reverse-seared New York steak with a Marsala and mushroom cream sauce; bacon wrapped asparagus and cherry tomatoes.

Ran errands today, so quick foods. We each had a cup of clam chowder and a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato. Happy Tummy food.
IMG_20190308_214102772_HDR.jpg

Cod Fillets, Breaded, Air Fried, on a bed of Tartar Sauce,

Roasted Brussels Sprouts w/ Balsamic an Bacon Bits, Parsley-ed Red Wedgies...

Cod Fillets, Balsamic Roasted Sprouts.jpg

Next Friday, I'll go back to my tradition of eating pork on Fridays during lent, so I can break the traditions of at least three major religious beliefs with one meal. :devilish:

CD :whistling
For years meteorologists were puzzled by an increase in lightning strikes on Fridays in late winter and early spring in the Dallas area. Now I think I know why.

For years meteorologists were puzzled by an increase in lightning strikes on Fridays in late winter and early spring in the Dallas area. Now I think I know why.

Well, I'm still here, so somebody needs to work on his/her aim. :devilish:

CD

Back
Top Bottom