Mar. 10, 2019 - Mario Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am planning to make corned beef. But who knows; plans can change.

I've been waiting a while for this day to come. This morning SC finally found some beautiful big Oxtails, and although they were still $6 lb. they all have lots of meat on the bone.

With the help of Souschef, we'll be having Luckytrim's Oxtail Stew tonight made with these beauties..
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/oxtail-stew-101402.html

Attachments

• P3100006[1].jpg
    P3100006[1].jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Those are beauties, Kayelle. Mom used to make oxtails often, and I loved them. I never bothered making them, though, since Himself wasn't familiar with them and the price was no longer right.

I'm baking potatoes and making "stuffed" potatoes with ham, broccoli, and cheddar cheese. A bit of sour cream on top, too. Can't wait. :yum: Haven't had these in a while...and they're so simple to make!

SO and I will be making another pan of spanakopita for tonight's dinner. I'll make the filling. She has the patience to handle the filo. One veggie or another will round out the meal.

Either green chile chicken stew, or beef vegetable soup. I've made garlic croutons for which ever. I am boiling up a 3 pound chunk of corned beef, and have all the fixings for reubens.....so that's an option too!

National Middle Name Pride Day! 3/10/2019

Today is also National Middle Name Pride Day!

My middle name is:

Kapualeipunahelepiliohana

Which in English means:
The favorite flower lei that brings the family together :flowers:

For Sunday Supper, we're going off our regular Pasta-Italian-Inspired trend and I'm going to make Hamburger Steak with Steamed Rice Gravy and Steamed fresh Green Beans.

56875-albums1036-picture6327.jpg
[/IMG]
[file photo from my 'Dinner' album]​

We're going to go back on our diet, I mean healthier way of eating for a bit to get bikini ready !!!! :whistling
:w00t:HAWAII HERE WE COME!!!!

Today is also National Middle Name Pride Day!

My middle name is:

Kapualeipunahelepiliohana

Which in English means:
The favorite flower lei that brings the family together :flowers:

For Sunday Supper, we're going off our regular Pasta-Italian-Inspired trend and I'm going to make Hamburger Steak with Steamed Rice Gravy and Steamed fresh Green Beans.

56875-albums1036-picture6327.jpg
[/IMG]
[file photo from my 'Dinner' album]​

We're going to go back on our diet, I mean healthier way of eating for a bit to get bikini ready !!!! :whistling
:w00t:HAWAII HERE WE COME!!!!

Beautiful middle name Kgirl ! My middle name is Mary, only because the priest said he wouldn't baptize me without a "proper " Christian name, so my Baptist Mom said, "well then, you can call her Mary". She was a hoot. :LOL:

Beautiful dinner there too!! :yum:

SO and I will be making another pan of spanakopita for tonight's dinner. I'll make the filling. She has the patience to handle the filo. One veggie or another will round out the meal.

The results.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_553a.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_553a.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 147
  • fullsizeoutput_553e.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_553e.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 121
Wow! Everyone outdid themselves with the fabulous looking dinners! :ohmy::yum:

Kgirl....I love your middle name and it's meaning, and tried several times to pronounce it. :) Your dinner looks wonderful with all that rich gravy.

Andy...your spanakopita looks mouth watering.

Kay...I may have to check out oxtails. I haven't really looked for them before, but it brings back memories of my mama's stew.

MsM....I'm looking forward to a corned beef dinner this time of year. Will get one at the market in a few days, along with the fixin's. Thank you for the reminder, and the yummy looking pic.

CG...that stuffed potato dish...OMGosh. Looks lovely, and that's one of my go-to meals, because I can use up a lot of 'stuff' with that dish!

I had a tray of various goodies this afternoon. Ham, assorted cheeses, olives and pickles, crackers, strawberries, and a sliced apple. I'll have the chocolate drumstick ice cream cone I bought at the mini mart today for dessert, a little later. :yum:

Last edited:
I've been waiting a while for this day to come. This morning SC finally found some beautiful big Oxtails, and although they were still $6 lb. they all have lots of meat on the bone.

With the help of Souschef, we'll be having Luckytrim's Oxtail Stew tonight made with these beauties..
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/oxtail-stew-101402.html

Here's the end of the story. I remember now why I love those sucking off the bone tender oxtails so much, SC has a new taste treat, and we have a freezer casserole put away for another meal. It was a day well spent. :chef:

Attachments

• P3100005[1].jpg
    P3100005[1].jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 129
  • P3100009[1].jpg
    P3100009[1].jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 103
I finally made a roast chicken. I swear, I thought the thing would never thaw. It was in the fridge 3 days. Then old smart me watched the video recipe (salt roasted chicken) and put it in the oven for the same time. Only problem is, the video was using a 4 pound chicken and mine was 6 pounds. So back in the oven it went. I just finished eating an hour ago. But it was good and the skin is so crispy and delicious.

Tomorrow: chicken sandwiches.

Last Night's Air-Fryer Chicken Breast over Rice with an Orange Sauce, Cut Green Beans with 'old' friends..... Macaroni Salad, not pictured...

IMG_7470.jpg

Back
Top Bottom