Wednesday, April 10, 2019, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Cheesy andouille sausage grits with collard greens and cornbread. Craig had over easy eggs on his grits.

Attachments

• 2019-04-10 18.24.24.jpg
    2019-04-10 18.24.24.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 155
Grilled chicken breasts in a bottled marinade (Stonewall Kitchen Honey Miso Barbecue Sauce), leftover potato salad from the other night, roasted cauliflower.

I have a small 1.5lb piece of pork loin I'll be oven roasting after marinating in Mojo. I'll be slicing it for loaded Torta sandwiches, with Elotes off the cob on the side. 'Ole!:zorro:

SO and I had chili mac and cheese for dinner tonight.

Attachments

• VgVoLF9rS%Wsp3cFWqR53w_thumb_7017.jpg
    VgVoLF9rS%Wsp3cFWqR53w_thumb_7017.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 106
I was going to make Linda's pot o' pig. I have the pork defrosted, but I got a migraine. DH ordered pizza for us.

I pulled the meat off of the remaining BB ribs, and made some tacos. Since I don't use BBQ sauce on my BBQ, it was easy to repurpose with some flour tortillas, salsa verde, sliced onions and Mexican crema -- all stuff I just happened to have on hand.

CD

I pulled the meat off of the remaining BB ribs, and made some tacos. Since I don't use BBQ sauce on my BBQ, it was easy to repurpose with some flour tortillas, salsa verde, sliced onions and Mexican crema -- all stuff I just happened to have on hand.

CD

Sounds like my kind of repurposed dinner.. :yum:

Last Night's Pan-Fried Calf's Liver & Onions, Idaho Mash under Creamed Corn, Cuke Salad...

View attachment 34367

Looks good, and I'm so hungry for liver & onions. I gotta have bacon too.
There's a good diner that has it on the menu as SC won't eat it and he can have something else. I always tell the waiter that if it's over cooked I'll be sending it back. I like it pink.

I'm working on new ways of using the preserves I made last year. Last night I mixed together the last of a jar of hoisin sauce, homemade blackberry jam made with honey from our hives and homemade Dijon-style mustard and used it as a glaze on grilled chicken legs. It was really good. I served it with grilled potato salad and a citrus salad with mint from the garden.
2019-04-11-16-48-10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom