Good Stuff from a box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Last evening I just didn't fel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. I had some thawed pork chops and wanted them to be tasty, tender and juicy (don't we all?). So I broke out the tried and true - Shake & Bake. I just added a bit of sage to the packaged coating mix and followed the directions. Through some boil-in-the-bag minute rice into a microwave safe dish with lottsa water and cooked for about ten minutes. Also got some yellow crookneck squash steaming. Dinner was done in less than thirty minutes and was great tasting, though simple.

The moral of this story is that sometimes, just sometimes, it's good to have a meal that tastes great, but is quick and easy to prepare. Though I generally shy away from such things like Shake-&-Bake, and minute rice, they have their place in the world.

The coated pork technique works wonderfully with you own coating made from whole-wheat bread crumbs mixed with salt, pepper, sage, etc. Or you can substitute chicken base for the salt.

And I'm just sharing this experience for those who may come home at night, to tired to put in hours in the kitchen.

But I still love putting hours into a meal, when it's supposed to be a special meal.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom