Moist cake too moist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
I'm going to let my two halves of the cake dry out for more than an hour or two. The reason why?

They're so moist that after maybe five days on, I saw tiny black specks on the cake. Guess what that was? Mold.

Dunken Heines cake box. "SUPER MOIST DELICIOUS CAKE".

When I tossed it out, the bottom was almost wet, five days on.

I'll continue to buy them? For $2.50 , that's what grocery stores charge for just one slice.

I guess a covered cake should be consumed before 5 days. :LOL:

Hehe..tiny black specks.

Last edited:
I never thought of slicing up cake and freezing portions. Thanks. I bet cake freezes and thaws up well. There's a Sienfeld TV show episode where a slice of cold stored royal wedding cake is mistakenly eaten up by Elane. It was years old kept in a safe and worth thousands. She liked it. :LOL:

Last edited:
Baked a cake last night. It was quite moist when taken out of the pans. I set the two rounds on paper towels and they sopped up quite a bit of moisture. Tomorrow I'll be receiving 25 plastic individual cake containers. I'll follow the advice given here and cut the cake slices into individual portions and freeze half the cake. I'll have to make sure they close tightly. Thanks for the tip !

cake.jpg

Last edited:
You might try two things:

Lessen the amount of oil you use in the batter.

The oil you used might be rancid. Oil goes bad. Keep oil in the frig and buy in small amounts if you don't usually go through oil quickly.

Back
Top Bottom