What's for dinner Thursday, April 25, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
Chickpea no tuna salad sandwich. So ready for vine ripe tomato season.

Attachments

• Chickpea Salad 1.jpg
    Chickpea Salad 1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to make a dish with some Angus sirloin that I just got. I found it frozen, in the fridge. We ordered from Mr. Falafel. This time, we both ordered falafel platters. Excellent as usual.

It was a burger night here, too. Cheeseburger on the grill. Double-fried French fries on the side.

Confession -- I use Ore Ida frozen fries. If you double fry them, they come out nice and crisp outside, fluffy inside. They are just as good as when I start from fresh potatoes, and are a lot more convenient when I make a last minute dinner plan -- which is almost every meal. ;)

CD

Funny how every now and then there's a trending dinner here - tonight it's burgers/sandwiches. :yum:

I had a taco salad, with chilled watermelon wedges on the side.

Last edited:
I made a sambar, with chana dal, instead of the traditional toor dal, and added some quinoa, for some more nutrients. The veggies in it were onions, some butternut squash, and some leftover chard stems, which I added at the end, so they would be crispy, though they won't be when I reheat it.

I made a sambar, with chana dal, instead of the traditional toor dal, and added some quinoa, for some more nutrients. The veggies in it were onions, some butternut squash, and some leftover chard stems, which I added at the end, so they would be crispy, though they won't be when I reheat it.

I am going to have to Google most of your meal. :huh:

CD

Last night's Shell-Feast ...

Clam Appy, Surimi Salad (Carried In), Fried Oysters, Hush Puppies, Steamed Asparagus with Grated Parmesan...

IMG_0155.jpg

I used leftover pork chops from Wednesday night to make Satay Salad with Peanut Sauce and a citrus salad on the side. I used cilantro and chard from the garden on the satay salad and mint from the garden on the oranges.
0425192048a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom