5/14/19 - Tuesday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
No fun holidays, other than Chicken Dance Day. I think that requires some alcohol to participate in (and probably a wedding to accompany it).

Dinner tonight was maple glazed salmon, mashed sweet potatoes, nuked asparagus.

Last edited:
We went to linner (late lunch-early dinner) with another old friend
at Choi's Family Restaurant-Korean Food

lunch at choi's may 14.jpg
DH's plate of Chicken Katsu, again-heh wait a minute!
That's Japanese, not Korean! :LOL:

choi's lunch may 14.jpg
My plate of Kalbi (Galbi), BBQ Chicken and Fried Mondoo

lunch may 14.jpg
The owner always remembers us and gives us extras,
like this one, Tofu Salad, my fav!!

Tonight is pan fried bacon wrapped fillet mignon, loaded baked spuds and oven roasted asparagus.

All that looks delicious Kgirl, except I'd need some convincing with the tofu salad.

Kind of quiet here today! :LOL:
Dinners sound and look good this evening. :yum: I made a big casserole dish of lasagna today. Browned some Italian sausage, and layered the lasagna noodles with the sausage, a jar of TJ's bolognese sauce, and 4 cheeses - ricotta, mozzarella, a small tub of mascarpone, and shredded parm. I used no-boil lasagna noodles for the first time and from what I've read, I put it all together and am letting it set in the fridge overnight so the noodles absorb some of the sauce before cooking. It will be way too much for me, but I'm planning on sharing with my daughter. :)

This afternoon's dinner was roasted shrimp, asparagus, and a handful of fresh picked cherry tomatoes.

Tonight is pan fried bacon wrapped fillet mignon, loaded baked spuds and oven roasted asparagus.

All that looks delicious Kgirl, except I'd need some convincing with the tofu salad.

Oh my gosh K, it's so yummy! Not like any silken Tofu you've probably had, not all mussy and all that. And the seasoned topping is over the top delish!
You and SousChef should come with next time we come home!

The other day DH was going to order a Cheeseburger and Fries for lunch and I just about had a cow!
Me: What? Are you nuts? You can have that any time back on the Mainland!
DH: Yeah, I think you're right.
Me: Ya think?
:LOL:

We went to linner (late lunch-early dinner) with another old friend
at Choi's Family Restaurant-Korean Food

View attachment 34827
DH's plate of Chicken Katsu, again-heh wait a minute!
That's Japanese, not Korean! :LOL:

View attachment 34828
My plate of Kalbi (Galbi), BBQ Chicken and Fried Mondoo

View attachment 34829
The owner always remembers us and gives us extras,
like this one, Tofu Salad, my fav!!

WHEEEEEE!
Something above was REAL salty (probably from the Soy Sauce marinade of both the Kalbi AND Chicken-I use Low Sodium Shoyu myself) ... my feet are so swollen ... we don't eat alot of salt in our food normally ... my poor little piggies are SCREAMING! :pig:

When I make lasagna or cannelloni I use two 8 x 8 dishes. One for us, one for daughter and SIL. I have the Oxo borosilicate glass dishes in case they need to go into the freezer.

Last night we all had Tomato salad (sliced grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella pearls, crushed fresh garlic cloves, fresh basil chiffonade, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and house blend seasoning) with Italian bread to dip in dressing.

tomato_mozzarella_salad_051419_IMG_5824.jpg

DD #1 and I had Lipton chicken noodle soup.
DD #2 and hub had pizza delivery.

We had leftovers from Indian food. We put the lamb kebabs on wholewheat baguette and had chicken tika with the leftover roti (wholewheat flat bread). DH also had a samosa.

Last night we all had Tomato salad (sliced grape tomatoes, fresh mozzarella pearls, crushed fresh garlic cloves, fresh basil chiffonade, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and house blend seasoning) with Italian bread to dip in dressing.

View attachment 34837

DD #1 and I had Lipton chicken noodle soup.
DD #2 and hub had pizza delivery.

I make a salad very much like that, although I haven't made it in a long time. Fresh tomatoes will be in season in a couple of weeks. I need to make that.

CD

Back
Top Bottom