New from North Carolina - delighted to be here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deb555

Cook
I did a search for a forum that discusses food, and this is what I found.

Oh, my, I think I could get lost in this forum :LOL:

I am older than I wish, more decrepit than I'd like, married with dogs and cats and big dreams that I never follow through on. I wanted to be Martha Stewart before anyone ever heard of her.

I also do a lot of embroidery (mostly cross stitch these days) and gardening (mostly herbs).

These days, we do a lot of takeout, but now and again I get industrious. Which is what led me here. I came looking for an answer to one question and have found a wonderful place to wander...

So hello, and thank you for letting me join you all :)

From the sounds of it, you're our kind of people Deb. Hanging out here you'll be cooking again in no time. A big welcome to you and jump right in. The nightly dinner thread is a good place for inspiration most nights.

Welcome from Texas. I don't know how old you are, but you probably fall into our "demographic," if you are "older than you wish." :rolleyes:;)

CD

I see lots of similar minds...Heinlein! Winnie-the Pooh! Oh, my :)

I was born in Texas but didn't get to grow up there. Always a Texan in my heart, though.

Thank you to everyone for a warm welcome :D

Welcome Deb. We just love new members. So stick around and you will have a lot of fun.

Getting old is very hard work. I am exhausted from it. Love to take naps.

After taking a turn in the kitchen. My son is my caretaker and does most of the cooking for both of us. I have only one leg and still try to take my turn out in the kitchen. My next adventure is going for Egg Roles. I am just waiting for my Sesame Oil to arrive.

new entry

I'm Marigio and i'm writing from Italy. I was advised from my English teacher to find a forum of my interest to learn English.
I need to learn in order to speak with my grandson and granddaughter who leave in London.So, as i like Cooking.....Here i'm.

So, we have two new members from very different places. Deb from North Carolina, and Marigio from Italy. Isn't this a great forum?

CD

I did a search for a forum that discusses food, and this is what I found.

Oh, my, I think I could get lost in this forum :LOL:

I am older than I wish, more decrepit than I'd like, married with dogs and cats and big dreams that I never follow through on. I wanted to be Martha Stewart before anyone ever heard of her.

I also do a lot of embroidery (mostly cross stitch these days) and gardening (mostly herbs).

These days, we do a lot of takeout, but now and again I get industrious. Which is what led me here. I came looking for an answer to one question and have found a wonderful place to wander...

So hello, and thank you for letting me join you all :)

When I lost my sister several years ago, I had embroidered an old Victorian three story house. I put her name of the name plate on the mailbox and gave it to her girls. They are still raving about it and constantly fight over it.

In the summertime I go up to the beach early in the morning, grab a table after a stop at the refreshment stand or across the street at Burger King, and sit there enjoying the nice ocean breeze and watching the planes take off. All the while I am working on my needlework. I find needle work very relaxing. In the winter I turn to knitting. But no matter what time of year it is, I always enjoy cook, mostly baking. Love to do holiday baking.

We do have some very interesting folks here. One who has been planning on returning to her roots in Ohio, another lady that was a widow, remarried and now takes cruises with her new spouse. They have a fantastic blog on all the trips they have taken all over the world. Then there is our lovely little Hawaiian girl who misses home so much. Can't say that I blame her. And one of our interesting members travels all over the country as a professional photographer shooting car shows. We are the lucky ones who get to drool over the pictures of the cars we can only dream of.

But what we all have in common is the kitchen no matter what other hobbies we may have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom