6/18/2019 - National Go Fishing Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh fishing. I miss it. After the dentist appt and the lawn in done, we won't have time for fishing, but maybe tomorrow will be a good day for it.

Cauliflower and mac and no-cheeze sauce. Big salads with beans and wheat berries, tomato no oil dressing.

If the rains keep up like they have been, we'll be able to go fishing in our back yard. :ermm:

I fished a package of turkey kielbasa out of the freezer. Will that count, tenspeed? :LOL: Not something I would buy, but it was gifted to us when SIL moved to NC. I'll slice it into discs, saute it up with onions, potatoes, and cabbage. Should be OK.

SO and grandson are off to visit her brother. I'm hosting a condo board meeting. SO and grandson are going to a restaurant for dinner and promised to bring me back a meal.

I went fishing at Aldi and caught some nice flounder fillets..
Made a tartar sauce for the flounder..
Breaded and fried that and served with rice and a green salad..

Ice cream for later..

Ross

Cheeseburger with pan fried onions on Portuguese roll.

burger_061819_IMG_5919.JPG

I am planning to make a salad with chicken and chunks of cheese.
Besides the chicken and chunks of cheese, I diced the leftover omelette from yesterday. We had pink wine (Toro Loco, a Spanish rosé) with supper. I made a ranchoid dressing to go with it. Yeah, that hit the spot.

LnkEmmHXrBm3cY8tQfbT5-EpaqLYUvGRgyHbA8rJzA_K9RbG0r2WeW4Ppn-1eWyQYBiaRwQGehdwMJf-8fjlAr5JsPzYHsvDl13RPWVqR2gjU8_zXQuBwfcAoQpakky5roLqVI2DDE8udXjCDEtbhbakLwFWHEs8uCRHq6NJILMyMTs5ERodrzp7m5cLSOxGKJkkJ2KrXnOj0PNQjWSYCoWm0dbB-fExzqvQ0HOVXKm30rVnsY3p-f9VhBFyKN9fkn4HKinRDPLa0nV5Gc-C46tS1EaTTPM0KYuMHEMXvoaTE9Dftjr12Ar-Nc4NRR5gzr6bStMDC69eOuZ9DtJr__a3cjh59WixeiN5YYbj8ufEtjKeixKfgu7b-YW2H2wsl_RcyM1wLMEFTu7F5R2lk3r6IoqUeKnsqQf0NCaKtITiItKeHMwRFmvQDUCgJZceN0T8DHVCYf18If2Jl9xwthF-8k_6xNaaomRddZpw8Njms2qZe111gPCrouWFWoxcVzUo2jn9DvO0CsufGCus8d10NDELntNfUZOpDTqSccTF3EhRAWreL_2zdwFpfJLyqvLXXOAf8E38iav4o_yDBmTJLoVcf9TTe1AZzn0I7URXPs6jGzwFnNAjkE5uODfK49I0g5zkPOiKqqex0HbBWojuAxHAo5D6KyTpkFa_OF5mIDkWLq3x0lYvdtjK1tpZugkypXkLfGrewOprfkQp2GXjeQ=w843-h633-no

-7amt9mY8RKws_FZQKTngd_Z7cIQJmeHiAHwK6XgY9JhWNNp_RnX5BkO3Fl-sq5SnoQerXmcTSU8hKn07MHJRQibTG2_SzZ8KhUAHzkHqvU2jKQ74GCPjTY0PtgFO8MfA0mGlP6bty5d0GTok4z-OGU9ciGpYu44j3wBJuk8QACpKC18d8o34tAgCsYsF51w13FR2Uem6InsoPkCgC3cmfXZ16QyFnBJU5vyrJeZ_6DKYDU5fUEKAiGjsnEwPJSQg6s0pqGrX-T7x2Ja9HmmKtGUMRht1z2baxpcmf5ha6LJi1KbDp2X4dg9NOG27QMQZ78MgPjDcycr8pjsRqwDiB5JJyjuIsYlM0ZG2U6DHhPIDmrtza3l5TCtUZcvUB89GFXSr_1udjMKJJM2rpM3U4ZqmwkpSnFudJXz6VtOU0_ZZxE7tY8nf26zI78Raoh7XeBHL8__OTHnkEME1WY4MVVJdluCzov1UioqcC0m5394V3TLqxPhxIIaAC8eNyWicUuPpEZ8xZKXRcXGhU9CS2__OOHPXRPpJ9CghhiW6ryn-nJDAs5vXdyfKtKiLPvrg6G_tgro5ubY3F2G705f6-uPWJrtg5ehZcGgjYPrcOkP8XUI5vbPEeYsELPNTW8CdkZrccXPSJKXVmpOBkfI6xjdn_tAwjbYp3skCoLb1K_PYScqoYZQ8leszqBWbskhI3uMu6uXpcItzqZIzBZ4YzY3zQ=w843-h632-no

Last edited:
SO and grandson are off to visit her brother. I'm hosting a condo board meeting. SO and grandson are going to a restaurant for dinner and promised to bring me back a meal.

My dinner tonight ended up being Tuscan Butter Chicken from Olive Garden (SO had a BOGO coupon). It was very good.

Poor Husband (I'm calling him this until he gets better) hasn't had
much of an appetite, so I've been trying to dream up easy,
light and tasty dishes. ?
I was thinking that I was about to run out of leftovers to re-heat,
and I have,
so I made a Pasta Salad yesterday, to sit and meld for tonight's supper.

IMG_4372.jpg

I put some shredded Romaine and diced Tomatoes
on the bottom of the bowl and topped it off with
a good portion of my Anitpasto-Inspired Pasta Salad.
:chef:
I think we'll have another Brownie Sundae for dessert later ;)

Poor Husband (I'm calling him this until he gets better) hasn't had
much of an appetite, so I've been trying to dream up easy,
light and tasty dishes. ?
I was thinking that I was about to run out of leftovers to re-heat,
and I have,
so I made a Pasta Salad yesterday, to sit and meld for tonight's supper.

View attachment 35244

I put some shredded Romaine and diced Tomatoes
on the bottom of the bowl and topped it off with
a good portion of my Anitpasto-Inspired Pasta Salad.
:chef:
I think we'll have another Brownie Sundae for dessert later ;)
That looks really tasty.

I scored a really nice USDA Prime ribeye marked down because it was down to one day on the sell-by date. It still wasn't "cheap," but I couldn't pass it up.

I'll sous vide it and sear it, as usual. Baked potato with butter, sour cream and fresh chives on the side.

CD

I had to work with my son to change the brake pads in my vehicle, so no fishing. I caught 2 Gorton's breaded fillets, and one frozen sockey salmon steak from my freezer. Pan fried along with steak fries, and accompanied with some green beans. It was a tasty, and easy supper.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Wow....taxy! That looks wonderful. Love everyone's dishes this evening. I had another throw-together plate this afternoon. It was a clean out the fridge day for me, too.

I ended up with sliced roasted beets, smoked salmon, a handful of fresh picked sweet cherry tomatoes, cubed surimi, deviled egg, sliced cucumber. And a couple of glasses of wine. :yum:

Last edited:
I scored a really nice USDA Prime ribeye marked down because it was down to one day on the sell-by date. It still wasn't "cheap," but I couldn't pass it up.

I'll sous vide it and sear it, as usual. Baked potato with butter, sour cream and fresh chives on the side.

CD

It turned out great! :yum:

I couldn't finish the whole steak, so I've got some awesome leftovers for tomorrow. I'm stuffed.

CD

Attachments

• PrimeSteak001.jpg
    PrimeSteak001.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom