What are you eating Saturday July 20, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Leftovers from yesterday's picnic. It's another hot day today but it should cool off late this afternoon with storms. We don't feel like eating very much in the hot weather. So we are having potato salad, pickles, lettuce, 3 kinds of beans, lentils, 3 kinds of dressing and following up with watermelon and fruit salad with strawberry dressing.

Gonna fire up the grill to do some country-style ribs with appropriate seasonings. Salad and something will do for sides.

I have a rack of baby backs on the Slow N Sear. I used Meathead's Memphis Dust dry rub (amazingribs.com). Sides will be cole slaw with a sweet herb vinaigrette dressing and Bush's Grillin' Beans enhanced with some applewood smoked bacon.

This is my first rack of ribs on the Slow N Sear after the first dry run. I choked it down just a bit more than the dry run, and let it settle down for about 30 minutes before I put the ribs on. I'm finding it pretty easy to hold the temperature at 230 - 235, and only had to make a slight adjustment on the vent after almost 2 hours.

I'll be smoking a brined pork loin low and slow on my gas grill with my little V wedge smoker box and my trusty remote probe thermometer so it doesn't get overcooked.
I have lots of grilled veggies leftover from last night and I'll do a pasta salad too.
Another beautiful day here, but heat is on the way so I'm looking forward to being outside. :cool:

Chopped/Salisbury type steak over mashies with mushroom/onion gravy. Salad for a side. We both forgot how good something so simple can be and are both stuffed.

We do have ricotta pound cake for dessert. Hopefully, we'll have room later.

These were so good! Heavily smoked flavor on the meat, and so tender. This is the first time I have ever made ribs, and Mrs. T was expecting 1950's era Ah So sauce, as her parents made. You would think she would know me by now!

Next time I might only use one or two wood chunks (instead of three), and I might split the rack and put sauce on one half for her.

We had breakfast foods: mushroom-mushroom-mushroom and cheese omelet with fresh basil, and ricotta pancakes. Those went flat real quick, but were they yummy.
IMG_20190720_193947136.jpg

I had two slices of NY/NJ Pizza. Just cheese. No fork! Very tasty.

CD

Last edited:
Ordered out tonight. Stirling had sub and I had deep fried calamari and leftover salad, because I don't eat potato. Stirling got the French fries that came with my food.

It was so hot today (I really shouldn't have gone outside!), that I didn't turn on any burner, inside or out, except when I boiled the water early on, to make iced tea (a ritual, for me). I just ate that leftover pasta, again, and made some guacamole, which was probably half tomato, when I got done! Tomorrow is supposed to be worse, so no heat plans then, either.

Last Night's Grilled Ham Steak, Air Fryer Yam, Corn w/ Mushroom pieces... Salad....

I'm not a big fan of Del Monte, but I hadn't had White Corn in ages, and there it was, so I brought it home..... notice how 'White' this corn is !
I guess what I was envisioning was Shoepeg....

Ham Steak.jpg

It got way to hot yesterday to cook. It was 80F in my house and we had the a/c on!

So we had fast food.
DD#2, hub and I had Wendy's.
I had the Apple Pecan salad - lettuce blend, red and green apples, dried cranberries, pecans, crumbled blue cheese, and crispy chicken breast, with Pomegranate Vinaigrette.

DD#1 had KFC.

It was - and is - hot here, too, but DH was willing to grill, so I made burger patties and prepped corn on the cob. Then I turned down the a/c for a bit and made a batch of burger buns. I also made tomato-cucumber-fresh mozzarella salads with garden basil - red wine vinegar and olive oil for me, espresso balsamic vinegar and olive oil for DH.
0720191904.jpg0720192004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom