Need advice on NAPPING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your brain won't let you be irresponsible. If the time is approaching for tending to your birds, you will know that and be ready. In that circumstance, you probably won't be able to nap because you know you have things to do.

Maybe for you, but not for all of us -- like me.

The downside for taking too long of a nap is insomnia when I should be sleeping (in addition to aforementioned grogginess after a too long nap).

CD

Maybe for you, but not for all of us -- like me.

The downside for taking too long of a nap is insomnia when I should be sleeping (in addition to aforementioned grogginess after a too long nap).

CD

I’m the type person who sets an alarm to get up in the morning and wakes up on his own just before the alarm goes off.

It’s easy enough set an alarm on your phone.

You can find a way to nap.

I've been napping for years, and I am very good at it. Some say excellent. If I try to nap in front of the TV on my recliner, I don't sleep soundly and end up being ready for bed earlier. I usually nap from 1500 to 1600 every day, unless doctor appointments interfere with it.

Here is my fail safe routine: I turn off all extraneous noises; TV, radio, noisy neighbors, etc. You would be amazed how quiet the neighborhood gets when I yell STFU! out of the bedroom window. I have both lymphedema and sleep apnea, so a nap is the perfect time to treat my lymphedema. I put on the leg sleeves, plug them into the pump, choose my favorite settings, slip on my CPAP nose pillow (this signals my body it's time to sleep), and start both machines. I do two half hour sessions on the leg pump and my nap is done. I always wake up refreshed , not groggy.

Last edited:
I'm not a napper during the day. Just can't sleep during daylight. I've even tried to make my bedroom dark as the inside of a cow. Still no napping.

I am in awe of those who can take daytime naps.

Just give me bedtime and that takes some time, too. Never mind!

My older sister resists napping. During the pandemic, I have been calling her daily to help her cope. Every day she yawns and asks "why am I so sleepy?" I tell her to take a nap and she responds "If I take a nap, I won't be able to sleep at night." Of course, she still can't seep at night. It's a little routine we go through.

I, am the world's premier authority on napping.
I can nap anywhere, in any position, in any noise, in from, or out in inclement weather any time of the day or night and never have any problem going to sleep at night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom