Fun at King Arthur Baking School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking a couple of classes at the King Arthur Baking school in WA state. The Kitchen is in a rural setting in Burlington WA and I had a great time in 2 classes. The first was a class about modern flat breads and thee afternoon session was "fall pasta'

I especially enjoyed the bread session. we made two breads: a Fugassa al Asiago Formaggio and a rosemary spiked Focaccia.

The Fugassa was especially wonderful and included an over night preferment. The final bread was chewy and crusty and soft depending on what part of the leaf shaped loaf you dug into.

Pics:

bake_9.jpg

bake_8.jpg

bake_7.jpg

bake_6.jpg

bake_4.jpg

bake_3.jpg

bake_2.jpg

bake_1.jpg

Didn’t know that there were other locations for the school. Have taken classes at the Vermont location.

I had such a good time I've signed up for two more classes in December. One class is about biscuits and scones the second is about caramel. I'm especially looking forward to the caramel class - I ruined more pots of caramel than I can count over the years.

I routinely go to the one here in VT. It too is very rural and has grown in the 12 years we have been in NH. It is always fun, you learn so much and meet very interesting people. My best friend and former neighbor from VA and I have made it an annual girls outing in December. She flies up and the we go up and rent a room for a few nights and and take a few classes, shop(of course) and catch up. This year we are focusing on holiday baking. We are doing Holiday Cookies with Eng-Ming Hsu, Joy of Cookies and Sweet Breads. I know you will have fun!! - biscuits and Scones sounds yummy as does caramel. I have given up on the caramel myself - I will have to look and see if VT offers it.

Back
Top Bottom