Wed. Oct. 30, '19 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I have a pot on the stove that's sure smelling good. Ham hocks, and 15 bean soup, with lots of herbs and veggie goodies is simmering away. Sure is a big pot, but why not. I'll be sharing some with the neighbors, and freezing some when we've had our fill. Love tending a pot on the stove.

What's going on at your house?

Last edited:
I'm about to HdeP up a pork tenderloin to roast in the oven. Popping in an acorn squash and a pan of carrots to roast at the same time. Himself will probably nuke a russet potato for himself.

If I get ambitious, I might make a pot of chicken-barley soup ahead for after the little beggars are done roaming the neighborhood tomorrow evening.

I have a pot on the stove that's sure smelling good. Ham hocks, and 15 bean soup, with lots of herbs and veggie goodies is simmering away. Sure is a big pot, but why not. I'll be sharing some with the neighbors, and freezing some when we've had our fill. Love tending a pot on the stove.

What's going on at your house?

15 beans doesn't sound like a lot. Maybe you could add a few more.:ROFLMAO:

I made a dal today, since it was sort of a soup day here, and I had one bottle gourd left to use up. It wasn't very large, so I also added some mushrooms I had to use up, and about 5 oz of chicken I sliced up in it, as well. While it was cooking and cooling down in the IP, I made a few missi roti to go with it. They were actually done before the dal was depressurized! Amazing how fast they are to make.
Roti almost finished, after third flip by pepperhead212, on Flickr

The finished dish:
Finished lauki chana dal, with mushrooms and some chicken added. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
We had pan fried herb seasoned pork chops and baked sweet potatoes along with a 4 lettuce salad and choice of bottled salad dressings. Pkg of lettuce was from Aldi's with mixed small heads together. Pretty handy.

Nice, all! I made bison chili. Of course it grew out of the pot, but that's OK. It's good to have some in the freezer.

Feeling crabby today. I had chicken salad on Wasa crisp rye. Then I had a bunch of beef jerky and a Bloody Maria smoothie. Dessert was milk chocolate with almonds.

DH and my FIL drove back from Michigan yesterday (he's renting an apartment downtown for the winter). I was really tired, so we got Chinese takeout.

Back
Top Bottom