Gobbled Out: 1 In 4 Americans Are Tired Of Traditional Thanksgiving Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you Gobbled Out on traditional Thanksgiving food?

• yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • no

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
I love a traditional Thanksgiving dinner the same way as I have always made it and the same way my mom made it forever. Based on my daughters' demand that I never change the menu, I expect they are locked in on the traditional Thanksgiving menu too.

I'm not a huge fan of turkey, but I can enjoy it at Thanksgiving (already past, here in Canada, and no, we didn't have turkey) and at Yule, if I'm visiting my mummy-in-law. I don't bother cooking turkey myself. But, since I so seldom eat it, no, I am not all "gobbled out".

Not 'gobbled out'. Once in while I've tried switching out a few different things over the years, but the traditional dinner wins out every time.

My personal opinion is that traditions, including the food, should be cherished..

A traditional Thanksgiving dinner allows me to reflect upon shared family meals over past decades and to remember wonderful times with those who are no longer with me..

At my advanced age, it is my hope that those I leave behind will also think fondly of past gatherings we shared..

Ross

We only do a turkey at Thanksgiving so we like to have it. A few years ago, we did a chili soup buffett where we each brought a different chili. I missed the turkey and "fixin's" so this year, I'm making the turkey for the immediate family who requested it and we'll do the chili thing with the extended family later in the weekend.

My personal opinion is that traditions, including the food, should be cherished..

A traditional Thanksgiving dinner allows me to reflect upon shared family meals over past decades and to remember wonderful times with those who are no longer with me..

At my advanced age, it is my hope that those I leave behind will also think fondly of past gatherings we shared..

Ross

I agree about traditions. But, my parents were Scandinavian immigrants so Thanksgiving wasn't a big deal at our house. And stuffing was very different. My mum thought that bread stuffing sounded horrible, so she would make an extra tasty meatloaf inside the turkey. I don't really feel that I have Thanksgiving traditions.

While we like traditional Thanksgiving foods and enjoy the holiday, we're taking a small culinary detour this year. It will be our first "just the two of us" Thanksgiving in over a dozen years, so I planned a meal around what our forebearers would have eaten. Not being in the early wave of Pilgrims by a long shot, I think Himself's Slovak immigrant and my Polish immigrant family members would have fixed pure comfort food to celebrate in an Eastern European way. We'll be dining on stuffed cabbage, mashed potatoes, and green beans. When we're back home to see our kids at Christmas, I might make a full-blown turkey dinner then.

Back
Top Bottom