Grilled Pineapple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
GRILLED PINEAPPLE

Makes 6 rings

INGREDIENTS
6 fresh pineapple rings, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick (or six canned rings, drained)
Canola oil
1/4 cup brown sugar

DIRECTIONS
Brush one side of each pineapple ring with a little canola oil and sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. Lay rings sugar-side down on the edge of the grill, away from direct heat. After about 7 minues, turn and continue grilling for another 6 to 7 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.

I love this; instead of oil and brown sugar, I just brush with honey. Probably tastes about the same. I loved grilled veggies and fruit, and this is perfect. Leave as is for a side dish, or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or any kind of sherbert for a hot/cold desert that wows them. Many years in Hawaii taught me that, while not as pretty, it is much easier to make pineapple spears than rings.

Here's a recipe from Alton Brown that also sounds tasty:

Spicy Pineapple Slices

2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon chile powder
3 teaspoons dark brown sugar
6 (1-inch) slices pineapple
Vegetable oil, for coating the grill or grill panIn a small bowl mix the salt, chile powder, and brown sugar. Sprinkle over both sides of the pineapple slices. Place pineapple slices onto a preheated, oiled grill or grill pan on high heat for 1 minute on each side. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the pineapple has softened and the sugar has caramelized on the edges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom