Official Dinner Thread Saturday the 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I guess we've all been a little busy today.

Our dinner was corned beef hash with poached eggs and a corn muffin.

What was on your table?

Pasta with fresh clam sauce. We got a 100 count bag at the restaurant supply place, steamed them all, used half for the pasta, along with some of the steaming liquid, and froze the rest in the remaining steaming liquid.

Attachments

• 2019-11-30 17.54.37.jpg
    2019-11-30 17.54.37.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 114
We had store bought tortellini in tomato sauce. I'm testing how well I can tolerate the cooked tomato.

Concert last night ! Pre-show meal was at the local Cantina....

I had Goat Tacos,

Mill Street Cantina Goat Tacos (2).jpg

my Friend had Enchiladas...

La Choza Enchiladas Rancheras .jpg

We had potato, onion, and kielbasa soup. Seemed like a good thing for a damp, icky day.

That's a new one for me. Basically creamy potato soup with kielbasa or is it a broth based soup?

With the cold weather I've been pondering a cream soup. I love eating those types of soup. My friend just made potato and cheese soup. Left me wanting it more because his didn't do it for me. I really need to teach him how to make cream soups. He didn't use any thickener, put the cheese in it and continued to boil it for 15-20 minutes to reduce and finish cooking the potatoes.

Now you got me all hungry for it, have to make it tomorrow.

That's a new one for me. Basically creamy potato soup with kielbasa or is it a broth based soup?

With the cold weather I've been pondering a cream soup. I love eating those types of soup. My friend just made potato and cheese soup. Left me wanting it more because his didn't do it for me. I really need to teach him how to make cream soups. He didn't use any thickener, put the cheese in it and continued to boil it for 15-20 minutes to reduce and finish cooking the potatoes.

Now you got me all hungry for it, have to make it tomorrow.

It's a broth-based soup. I use a box of the Wal-Mart brand chicken broth with it. I haven't tried to make a cream-based soup yet, but I have a couple of recipes I want to try.

Back
Top Bottom