Official Dinner Thread Friday the 20th 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big Breakfast, so a light Dinner...
Chopped Cabbage & Kale Salad with Mushrooms and Shrimps and a Mild Southwest Ranch Dressing...

Salad, Dinner with Mushrooms and Shrimps.jpg

Stirling is getting better and I seem to be getting sicker. (He got sick first, so not a huge surprise.) We had already decided to order out Indian food for tomorrow, Winter Solstice, which is when we celebrate Yule. So, since there was nothing else that appealed to me, I asked him to order the Indian tonight and we could have lots of leftovers tomorrow for celebrating. Nothing else had any appeal. I had one lamb samosa and a piece of chicken tika. It was delicious, as usual.

I hope you're both healthy soon, taxy.

We had veggies that needed using up, so I got some haddock fried at the seafood counter while I shopped. Besides haddock we had Brussels sprouts with bacon and mushrooms, parsley buttered yellow potatoes, and sauteed zucchini. Lots of empty space in the fridge.

IMG_20191220_212324685.jpg

Chicken vesuvio. A fairly simple, 1 pot meal, but quite tasty. Dessert was almond butter/cacao nib cookies.

I had New England chicken salad and Naan bread, and Mom had what she calls Naan bread pizza. Take a piece of Naan bread with a bit of butter on it, thinly sliced tomato, shredded cheese and what ever else you want and put it under the broiler until the cheese melts.

I had a couple pieces of fish in the freezer that I had taken out to thaw a couple weeks ago when DH suddenly wanted to go out to dinner, so I put them back in the freezer without their wrapper. So I don't know what kind of fish they were, except some kind of white fish [emoji38]

I mixed together melted butter, fresh parsley, a spoonful of preserved lemon purée and a handful of bread crumbs and spread it over the fish, then baked them in the toaster oven. I also made braised green beans and pearl onions with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning and rice & orzo pilaf cooked with parsley stems.
1220192028b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom