New here also

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brianschef

Senior Cook
Hello, just getting familiar with you all...we are stationed in England for another year and I run a home based catering service out of my kitchen. I am always looking for new things to serve my clients...

Welcome Brianchef!

Enjoy your time here. I know catering is a very busy job, i did it for a couple of years. Whew! Glad to have you. And, you mention stationed in England? Are you in the Military?

Welcome!!!
So glad you're here -
bring your coffee cup and stay awhile!

(feel free to get your giggles by reading the daily postings on the virtual cafe)

so, what types of meals do you cater?

Hi Brian,
Glad your here. Hope you enjoy visiting with us.
kadesma

Brianschef said:
Hello, just getting familiar with you all...we are stationed in England for another year and I run a home based catering service out of my kitchen. I am always looking for new things to serve my clients...

Welcome Brianschef,

What part of England are "we" stationed in? I used to do catering at one time, not my own business though. What type of clients to you cater towards? (business, residential, parties? all the above :LOL: ) My husband is originally from the UK so thats why I have an interest in your location :) Where are you originally from? How do you like living there? England is a lovely place, except for the rain, but oh well :)

Russell said:
Welcome! I know you will love it here...I am your average (well maybe not so average) 13.5 year old baker/chef

Wow, your very young to be a baker:chef: My chefs hat off to you! My nephew loves baking too, mostly pies, and is now cooking for a restaurant in charge of grilling.

Thanks everyone..my husband is a Civil Engineer with the DoDAF, we just arrived in England(Littleport)about 6 months ago. We spent 3 years in Germany. I cater out of my home to a small clientele. I basically cook meals for them for 1 week, but do special orders and have special goodies on sale at pick up time. I set my own menu and prices and the clients choose from that. In Germany I had a client base of 31 every week, here I have 4, but have just gotten started.
I also cook, can and bake for those stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan and ship once a week. So I am always looking for great recipes that can handle extreme heat, cold and travel.
During the "seasons", I can, dehydrate, freeze, smoke, grill, etc. I then sell these items off an updated list according to the seasons. My latest fancy is pickling! I am pickling everything, HA!! I love to make summer veggie and fruit trays that are not the old standard celery and carrot sticks with ranch dip. I like to have fire balls, sweet 'n sour pineapple sticks, pickled apple slices, sugared jalapeno's, etc.
I have spent the last 8 years writing and rewriting a cookbook....I am still working on that.

Wow. It sounds like your a very busy person. If you have time in between everything you do could you post the sweet 'n sour pineapple recipe? I'd love to try that!

pdswife1~ sorry this has taken me so long to post, have been under the weather...

Sweet 'n Sour Pineapple

2 large sweet pineapples
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup 5% acid white vinegar
10 whole cloves
1 stick cinnamon

* Cut pineapple into spears that will fit into a 1 pint jar standing up. Make sure you remove the cores.
* Combine the pineapple, sugar, water and vinegar in 4-quart kettle; add cloves and cinnamon stick(tied into a cheesecloth bag). Bring to a boil; simmer uncovered 30 minutes. Remove the spice bag.
* Ladle pineapple into 3 hot pint jars. Cover with the cooking syrup, filling to within 1/4" of jar top. Wipe jar rim; adjust lids.
* Process in boiling water bath 20 minutes. Makes 3 pints.

I use the sweetest pineapple I can find and then I drop 1 -2 drops of red food coloring into the jar every now and then. Serve these icy cold at a bbq.

Welcome Brian. Hope you'll be sharing some more recipes & chat with us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom